Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Your favorite Q strap?

Hi guys,
I just got a new strap for my Q from barton1972.com, and wanted to share its look and some impressions. The thing is carefully made in soft and pleasant leather, and matches well with the camera. It is easy to attach/detach, and has a built-in protection to minimize the risk of scratches on the camera body. My only complaint is that I've chosen the 40 cm version instead of the 45 cm one, and the one I have is tad on the short side. If you have big hands and are considering it, go for the 45 cm version. A part from this, given the small price, I surely can say it's a good product.

Now the question is: what strap are you using? the standard one? share your choice!
(and forgive the dust on the piano...)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
03-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thats a very sharp looking strap. It has class and looks wonderful with the Q. Good selection.
My choice alternates between a black handstrap and the brown leather strap that came with the brown case that Pentax sells for the Q. Never have looked at the freebie that ships in the box. Need to check it out. Thanks for the nudge.
thanks
barondla
03-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Forum Member

Thats a really nice looking strap for sure.
I find myself putting the strap that came with the Q on and off all the time as I find it gets in the way lots (I have the large gorilla pod that I keep the Q on) I find when I just want to go for a walk with out the gorilla pod, I want to wear the Q so I put the strap on but then its to much when I put the Q back on the pod, its driving me nuts I need a neck strap that has a quick release.
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Mine's the Camdapter CamStrap.

Camdapter - The Hand Strap

Here it is on my Q.

I've use their ProStraps on all of my DSLRs for 6 years, and decided to try the CamStrap when I got the Q. I've never been a fan of wrist straps, so I knew that I wanted something different. I was a little skeptical about the design, but once I started using it, found that it's perfect for the way I like to carry a camera. I can easily operate all of the right hand controls while supporting the Q with my fingers.

All that it needs at this point is the right QR attachment method for the top to the strap mount-- this will probably end up being some form of split ring, but I'm looking for something less fiddly. . .

Scott

04-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are other from OP-Tech and Artist&Artisian too.
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've never liked neck or wrist straps, when BlackRapid started showing up ...i decided that was for me but i have yet to add any strap to the Q as it's so tiny i just slip it into any bag and hand-hold it when needed...i am going to add a sling (cameraspeed or blackrapid) once i get to the store.
04-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #7

Hi, original Pentax Q straps O-ST115 or O-ST131 (I can't find the difference..) are sold out. Please, could you tell me what replacement do you use? I am looking for neck straps, I don't know if the width in the place of attaching is same with other straps for DSLR for example.. Thank you!

Last edited by paulie_; 04-11-2021 at 11:48 AM.
04-13-2021, 09:15 PM   #8
Pentaxian

My fave strap for the Q is the thin one with a red PENTAX text that comes out the box. The soft pleather layer on the one side started to flake to bits with age. I finished the job to take off all of it that remained, leaving what looks like a cotton/canvas material underneath. Looks and works fine.
04-15-2021, 05:47 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Maybe a Peak Design Slide Lite? I rarely if ever use neck straps nowadays, only a custom-made hand strap.
04-16-2021, 07:50 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Using Nintendo Wii handstraps on the Q and Q7. Found neck straps most useful with adapted lenses. My favorite adapted lenses are huge. Decided against hanging them from the Q. The oem Q strap is nice.

Thanks,
barondla
04-19-2021, 09:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I’m using these: Wrist strap, lug-mount ? gordy's camera straps Perfect!
04-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #12

I prefer neck straps over the wrist.. because it is so comfortable to change lenses with both hands. Q is so light that it doesn't matter if it stays hanging around the neck, I like it. Original strap is really nice but no longer available.