Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by henny_koster Quote
Finally did it yesterday. A bargain, considering the original price. I could make a deal of 300 sterling pounds for the black Q with prime 01 kit. Tha's only a 375 euro! I am really excited and keep on watching the shipping updates. Oh yes, ofcourse, the store: Amazon.co.uk (at the moment I ordered, 5 in stock)
I saw that price too, but didn't order at Amazon. Simple reason being that I know they add TVA to their list prices for all products they ship to Belgium. I regularly order books from them, hence I know. Don't they do that for shipments to the Netherlands? Anyway, I ordered from SRSMicroSystems for £329, which is not that much more. I have great experience buying from them (bought both DA15/4 and Sigma DC 8-16 from them). The last I checked (this morning) my Q had arrived in Belgium. I expect to find a piece of paper in the mailbox either today or tomorrow...

Wim

04-03-2012, 04:49 AM   #17

Original Poster
There where no extra costs, except that shipping, which I could have chosen for free, but I wanted my delivery within 3 to 5 days....for reasons you'll understand :-). The order was 294 and with shipping costs 302 punds.
04-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #18

Same here: price quoted was final

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I saw that price too, but didn't order at Amazon. Simple reason being that I know they add TVA to their list prices for all products they ship to Belgium. I regularly order books from them, hence I know. Don't they do that for shipments to the Netherlands? Anyway, I ordered from SRSMicroSystems for £329, which is not that much more. I have great experience buying from them (bought both DA15/4 and Sigma DC 8-16 from them). The last I checked (this morning) my Q had arrived in Belgium. I expect to find a piece of paper in the mailbox either today or tomorrow...

Wim
Yep, I too ordered from amazon.co.uk. But there's a hitch: you HAVE to stay in Pound Sterling as a foreign buyer. Amazon.co.uk asks you if you want to "conveniently" continue your purchase(s) in your home-currency (i.e. EUR). If you do so, they will apply the amazon-rate (try it - you can always click the back-button); the official rate plus 3% "typical credit card rate" (using the oanda.com currency converter) is way lower (in case of the Q, staying in Pound Sterling and letting the banks/credit card companies handle the transaction, saved my appr. EUR 30,-). Shipping from the U.K. though is extremely cheap, it was appr. EUR 3,50 from the U.K. to Austria (though mysteriously they used the Austrian post as the seal on the parcel indicated, so maybe the product was dispatched from their Austrian depot anyway applying the lower U.K price; shipping speed was also suspicious: ordered on Tuesday and had it at may office on Friday). Might be different in Belgium though...
Rule of thumb when ordering from amazon.co.uk: always stay in Pound Sterling!
04-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stern Quote
Rule of thumb when ordering from amazon.co.uk: always stay in Pound Sterling!
I do, but still they add TVA. Must be specifically for Belgium indeed...

Wim

04-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #20

Original Poster
Well there were no extra costs for me (Netherlands). If you do order, in one of the steps you can click on additional shipping info. There you see al the costs for european country's.
My card was charged for 301 pounds. I saw my order has been dispatched today. The estimated day of arrival is april 5th. So big change I can go chasing the eastern bunny with my new cam!!
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #21

Hi everyone,

my first post here. I ordered my Q at amazon.co.uk as well. It was the kit with the standard prime and the zoom lens.
Ordered on Wednesday, got it on Saturday. Would have been perfect if I read your hint before Stern, because I ordered in Euro.
Was ok though(452 pound, 561 Euro).
I love it and do not regret a single cent.
Will get the FE next Monday as a birthday present.

Hoping for better weather.

Joerg
04-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Well, regardless of price or provenance, I received my Q yesterday evening when I came home from work. As it happens it's the easter holiday in Belgium right now (and good weather yesterday), so the neighbours (teacher with kids) were sitting in front of the house when the delivery man came with the box. They took the package and handed it to me when I came home. Great living in a neighbourhood where one's neighbours are one's friends!

So... my black Q is sitting next to me in my bag fully tuned and configured. Pentax polarizer and lens hood installed on the 01 prime, battery charged and all settings to my liking: ready for the first photo opportunity. Shame I have a busy day at work in front of me, so it might not yet see any use today...

I hope you get yours soon too Henny!

Wim

04-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #23

Original Poster
Well Wim, it is set to be delivered tomorrow, which would be cool just before eastern AND my birthday next tuesday (hope anyone has a FE-present for me too) Btw, where did you buy your polarizer?
04-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by henny_koster Quote
Well Wim, it is set to be delivered tomorrow, which would be cool just before eastern AND my birthday next tuesday (hope anyone has a FE-present for me too) Btw, where did you buy your polarizer?
Bought everything from SRSMicroSystems in the UK. All genuine Pentax (hood and polarizer). I know there's alternatives, but I decided to opt for the Pentax products because of the "good" price of the Q+01. I did order a third party spare battery as well.

Wim
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #25

Original Poster
Thnx for the tip Wim. Enjoying your Q? Stupid question, I know.. Curious about your first shots. Expecting my Q tomorrow.
04-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #26

Good luck with your birthday present henny.
I've bought the original Pentax polarizer at amazon.de for about 36 Euro.
Also a third party spare battery for 5 Euro which seems to work pretty good. No difference to the Pentax one, at least at first sight.
And I got lens hoods from Enjoyyourcamera which are similar to the Pentax ones. The hood for the prime is made of aluminium and looks like the Pentax hood.