Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by oklahomakid93 Quote
One think I didn't think of earlier is an adapter allowing K-Mount lenses the ability to attach to the Q. Talk about an obscure looking set-up....But I'll bet you could get some great and interesting shots with an outfit like that.
Been done.

04-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Telefunkin Fantastic!

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Been done.
Ha ha! I love it!
04-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
C'est SUPER !!!

Been done.
Bonjour,

"Been done" = WOW ... very nice!

Salut, J Frog
04-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #19
Pentaxian

@ oklahomakid ...

Bonjour,

Where in OK ? I grew up in Tulsa ...

Just curious ... Salut, J Frog

04-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #20
Banned

Been done.
I think the Q would look even smaller on my 900mm F5.9. I have the PK-Q adapter, Q C-mount adapter and a 12.5mm F1.3 C-mount lens but no Q thanks to QVC.

04-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kirill_est Quote
... not to have announced any DEFINITE lenses for the Q since the initial batch was announced. With DEFINITE specs and DEFINITE release dates. Granted, this camera will probably remain a niche product for now due to the early (over)pricing fiasco, but on the other hand it is far from a failure image quality and functionality-wise. I think Pentax should be proud of what they have created here, but we need more lenses: tele zoom, dedicated macro, wideangle prime that is neither a fisheye nor a "toy" (and really not that "wide)...
I think regarding giving hard release dates, Pentax got very burned when they put a hard release date on the 60-250 and took an extra year and a half to actually release the lens. I expect this has made them cautious.
04-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #22

Original Poster
Well they should have at least developed and released the tele zoom by now. Two zooms in the approximate equivalent range of 28-70 and 70-300 are the staple of all camera systems. I still have not bought the kit zoom because it was unavailable when I was choosing my Q kit and I do not want to pay the full price for it standalone, but I would immediately buy the tele zoom if it was available. If I can't rely on a tele zoom with AF for Q appearing soon, I will have to invest in another solution.

04-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Jean,

Grew up near OKC, went to H.S. @ Mustang High, and went to college at OU. Live in Nashville now, but still a die hard Sooner.
04-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Good point

I think regarding giving hard release dates, Pentax got very burned when they put a hard release date on the 60-250 and took an extra year and a half to actually release the lens. I expect this has made them cautious.
I think this is why we're not hearing much about a full-frame or new DFA lenses. I've read Canon like to release products when they have them available, while Nikon will announce something, only to get it out whenever. I also think they were burned a little with the 645D getting hit with set back after set back before they finally got it released.

With the bad boys you guys have, I'd say at least you both are in good shape.
04-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #25
Pentaxian

"Jean" in French, John in "Okie"

Jean,

Grew up near OKC, went to H.S. @ Mustang High, and went to college at OU. Live in Nashville now, but still a die hard Sooner.
Thanks, I'm an OU grad, too ... Price college for BBA & MBA, plus some time at the Law School. I liked Norman!

Salut, J ... or rather bye, John
04-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Salut or bye will not work. Only Boomer! :-)
04-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Yep, I stand corrected ...

Salut or bye will not work. Only Boomer! :-)
Boomer!
04-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #28
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Boomer!
Sooner!
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Think Pentax did a great job bringing the Q to market. Agree that they should have had a tele zoom at the start. Think the triple whammy of Japan enduring tsunami/nuclear threat, company changing hands, and flooding in Asia made this impossible to achieve. The Q was to be introduced in june/July and made it in November! Every Japanese company had supply troubles.

Many are on the edge of financial disaster. Japanese television industry is toast. Record losses by Panasonic, Sharp, and Sony. At least Ricoh is financially healthy. Give them a chance. They have done so much in so little time.
They seem happy to give Q time to grow. Few companies have that luxury right now.

thank you Ricoh.
barondla
04-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Many are on the edge of financial disaster. Japanese television industry is toast. Record losses by Panasonic, Sharp, and Sony. At least Ricoh is financially healthy. Give them a chance. They have done so much in so little time.
Reuters Financials RICOY (ADR)