Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2012, 09:00 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Change the look of your Q

Saw a link on adventuresinq that offers replacement leather body panels. There are some pretty wild choices. After viewing them my black Q looks pretty bland. Now you can let your inner Marc Newson out. lol.

Anybody going to change ther Q?
thanks
barondla

Q owners check out the photo contest in compact cameras and enter your Q shots.

04-17-2012, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Hi barondla,

Just saw a link to the Aki-Asahi site, and the skins are impressive! I've contacted the seller to see if I can get a copy of the installation instruction sheet. If it's possible to change these panels without destroying them, I'll be very tempted to get a couple of these. . . They're not very expensive at $14.00 + $4.00 shipping (air), and there seems to be quantity discounts and possibly combined s/h breaks.

http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/Pentax-Q/Leather/QColorLeatherKit.php

You can click on the pics to see better detail

Scott
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

ya super cheap I noticed them buying a new skin for my sx-70 and I picked up one for my Q, should be here this week hopefully. It does look like you have to pull the skin off to put it on as it looks pretty flush in the pictures, I'll see when it gets here...
04-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yow won't get a flat camel. I hate that.

04-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is nice on white.

04-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Got mine in today, not sure if you were supposed to take the rubber off under, didnt want to as the skin was so thin it fits nicely over the rubber...

04-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #7

After much procrastination decided to go for the Deep Red Lizard. How quickly do they arrive to your neck of the woods and are they just in a regular envelope dropped to your postbox? They seller told me to contact him if I don't get it within 10 days.

04-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kirill_est Quote
After much procrastination decided to go for the Deep Red Lizard. How quickly do they arrive to your neck of the woods and are they just in a regular envelope dropped to your postbox? They seller told me to contact him if I don't get it within 10 days.
Ya just a regular envelope, he ships airmail though... I got mine in like 8 days...
04-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Wish they showed what they look like on white. Should do a yellow to match the K-01! (Honestly yellow and black are my home regions colours)
04-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
Got mine in today, not sure if you were supposed to take the rubber off under, didnt want to as the skin was so thin it fits nicely over the rubber...

Very nice! Where did you get that strap?

Wim
04-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #11

I reckon the crazily colorful k-r skins were better ;D I like the classy white color of Q
04-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote

That looks very cute
04-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Very nice! Where did you get that strap?

Wim
Here
04-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #14

Well I got my Deep Red Lizard, I like the way the front of my Q looks now, very stylish, the only strange thing is that the larger part, that covers the front around the 1234 dial and then goes a bit on the side as well, it is about 2-3 millimeters shorter than it should be on the side, so it does not cover all of the black rubber/faux leather panel that it is supposed to cover up to the point where it switches to plastic or magnezim on the side. A minor irritant, but strange nonetheless because a) the photos on the website show the sticker covering it completely on the side and b) they charge over 10 euros for this tiny sticker set, so one would expect them to make them in a precise manner.

Last edited by Kirill_est; 04-26-2012 at 12:30 PM.
04-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kirill_est Quote
Well I got my Deep Red Lizard, I like the way the front of my Q looks now, very stylish, the only strange thing is that the larger part, that covers the front around the 1234 dial and then goes a bit on the side as well, it is about 2-3 millimeters shorter than it should be on the side, so it does not cover all of the black rubber/faux leather panel that it is supposed to cover up to the point where it switches to plastic or magnezim on the side. A minor irritant, but strange nonetheless because a) the photos on the website show the sticker covering it completely on the side and b) they charge over 10 euros for this tiny sticker set, so one would expect them to make them in a precise manner.
It's a tad shorter because your supposed to take off the rubber when you put it on...