Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
getting impatient for these new lenses!

I'm getting very impatient waiting for these new Q lenses to be released or at least more formally announced. Specifically, the 24mm (or 28mm) equivalent prime lens. If they would release a high quality lens with leaf shutter, ND filter, and a fast aperture (faster then F/2.0) and all in a small size, this would transform the Q. I don't carry the Q all the time because the 50mm equivalent FoV is just not that useful to me. And the 02 Zoom makes the camera not so compact anymore. If Pentax would release this lens, I would consider selling my Olympus XZ-1.

C'mon, Pentax! Do something to keep us Q users interested!

05-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi devorama,

I'd like to see the new lenses also, but I'm more interested in the tele zoom and the OEM K to Q adapter.

With the tele zoom, I should be able to shoot macros relatively effectively with achromatic diopters and flash since the lens would be a Quality Line lens with a leaf shutter (so it would eliminate the flash problems with adapted lenses), and the higher native magnification would make the diopters more effective. For this purpose, I could care less if the camera isn't pocketable, it will be quite a bit over 2 lbs lighter than any DSLR combo that would be effective for what I want to shoot.

The Pentax OEM K to Q adapter, if it delivers all that has been indicated, will also have the leaf shutter, so should eliminate the flash problems (slow sync speed for the electronic shutter, incompatibility with non-TTL external flash, and inconsistent performance with P-TTL external flash). The tripod foot would be convenient for some lenses, and hopefully, the release of this adapter would also be accompanied with a significant firmware update that would address the lack of ability to manually choose a FL for non Q system lens use with SR and the flash deficiencies previously mentioned.

It's "Spring" already. . .Q users need some of the promised love from Pentax. . .

Scott
05-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm waiting patiently meanwhile i'm going to attach this peewee to a telescope and find ET
05-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Hi devorama,

It's "Spring" already. . .Q users need some of the promised love from Pentax. . .

Scott
Seriously, I want that wide angle prime, I just sold my zoom to a member here on the bay, I just dont ever use it anymore since i have a wide angle adapter that gives me the wide angle with the f/1.9 of the prime. But I'll settle with a 2.8, but would be nice if they made a mini version of the 28mm f/2...

05-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #5

Hey bmonki, out of curiosity, which wide angle adapter are you using with your 01 prime lens?

Thanks,
Randy
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vrgard Quote
Hey bmonki, out of curiosity, which wide angle adapter are you using with your 01 prime lens?

Thanks,
Randy
One of the ones on the bay, it's actually nice, all metal design and came with a handy macro adapter ...

Baby humming bird... by Wandering Monki Photo, MACRO ADAPTER