Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Remote Float

Not only does it keep it from sinking but it makes it wicked easy to find! Bought a sunglasses float and pulled off the "buoys", used a small loan yard and a zip tie. It works and was fun to make.

Attached Images

02-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I've had 2 of the ORc1 remotes and they both had such short battery life they stopped working almost right away. I think I must have gotten old stock from somewhere with dieing batteries. Not good when you are all set up on location and your remote won't work! Now I stick to my $5 cable remote.
02-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #18

Remote Blues

Sometimes you need a wireless remote- for either the camera, studio flash or both. You can go the Pocket Wizard route and have that over sized/overpriced post modern walkie-talkie sitting on your rig - Please!

I bought a Vello Freewave remote for my set up and it's great - for the price.

Vello FreeWave Wireless Remote Shutter Release RW-C1 B&H Photo

(Amazon sells them too but I don't see one at Adorama)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II  Photo 
02-18-2014, 05:35 AM   #19

Mine arrived yesterday. absolutely no go. Read and re-read the manual for the K-30 camera and the remote, finally got onto live chat with my dealer They pointed me to this thread. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/115-pentax-k-5/210508-o-rc1-new-k-5-new-notalking.
html sure enough when I pointed it at my mobile phones camera and pressed the button no light. I proved the concept with a RC of out TV that I knew worked and got to see the blue light. Long story short, it's on it's way back to be replaced under warranty.

02-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
Forum Member

Re: Remotes for Q

QuoteOriginally posted by hoffo Quote
JJC remote works well and is very cheap. Easy to replace slide out battery compartment too.
Hi ALL
I have the JJC RM-E7 Remote as well and it works with both the Q and Q7.
W/T operates the Focus and S the shutter.Slideout batt.tray is great.

Ted