Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #1

How to get back to default settings?

I have problems going through the whole manual on my computer because I'm using the speech recognition software on my computer. Not using my arms much due to tendinosis. However, I bought this camera during winter and was going to start using it this spring. I think I may have screwed up some settings. Is there any easy way to get back to default setting?

I don't know what have happened, but every time I take a picture, it takes for ever for the camera to process. Is that normal, or have I screwed up some setting?

I have to say I am a bit disappointed about this camera. It is a bit too complicated for me and I wish I had an ordinary user handbook. I will have to print out the PDF file. I used to have an SLR non-digital, but this is more complicated. :-)

Askeladden

05-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #2

Original Poster
I'm sorry about the formatting in my post. It happens because I'm dictating with the speech recognition software called Dragon naturally speaking.

However, I found out why the processing took so long time. I had changed the setting to something called "HDR capture". I'm not sure what the difference is. But the processing went faster without.

I do have some problems when taking the picture. Because it takes time to focusing, I am not able to shoot the picture as fast as I want. It's probably something I'm doing wrong. LOL
05-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, the Q is my favourite camera,there must be a reset sequence in the menu to fix your problem, will go and look at my Q.
I took well over 3000 pictures recently with it, absolutely no problems, and I highly enjoyed it.
Yes , it is , in the MENU ,on the eight page, right on the top there is a reset option ( returns to default settings) , just select yes option ( my firmware is 1.01).
05-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I found it.

That sounds promising! About your experience and mean.