Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sonnetar and OVF

Just got my OVF today with parallax correction. Following the DOF scale on the lens and matching to the OVF produces amazingly accurate results, I bought a cheap super beaten one off ebay for rangefinders that the frame lines come in focus when your at the accurate distance from the subject, but the best would be the 13.5cm 135mm Leica SHOOC, should work flawless as ms optical makes leica lenses and I have a feeling he designed this lens it to be used with an OVF with parallax correction as the scale is completely accurate for the Q and not having to do any of the crop math (I know cause I would be stuck if I had to do the DOF scale crop math whatever its called, thankfully it was accurate)...

After testing I cant wait to pick the up the leica ovf, it'll make the lens amazing, I can now set it and forget it and just wait for my subject to come in focus through the frames lines and fire the shutter...

05-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good info to know. Wish Pentax lenses had distance and dof markings. Bmonki a little confused by what OVF you bought? Is it a Leica?

Will there ever be another focal length Sonnetar? A fast wide would sell incredibly.
thanks
barondla
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Good info to know. Wish Pentax lenses had distance and dof markings. Bmonki a little confused by what OVF you bought? Is it a Leica?

Will there ever be another focal length Sonnetar? A fast wide would sell incredibly.
thanks
barondla
I bought a beat ass generic used one made in japan, so I figured if it matches, the leica SHOOC gotta be amazing as I think the one I have is a cheap alternative to it and the nikon and canon ones, the reason I didnt recommend the nikon or canon ones is because they are the same expensive price as the leica SHOOC but they are a ton smaller, probably not as bright as the leica...

Only person who would know that is the dude at japancamerahunter.com he's in contact with him. I really hope so though because I'm a manual focus shooter and a fast wide prime would be awesome, but I would expect I super small super wide prime at around f3 - 4 range as thats what he's been producing, focusing more on the size and IQ of the lens than speed, the sonnetar is a Q and Micro Four Thirds thing, I wonder if there will be a nikon J/V1 model.
05-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting about the OFV. I love manual focus too and do a lot since at least half my shooting is with adapted lenses on the Q.

You are probably right about small not too fast lenses. For wideangle would be nice if it was at least 2.8. If not it would be slower than the zoom. Granted the image quality might be better but I think a lot of people would pay for the right wideangle. Unleash some of that Leica magic on us.
thanks
barondla