Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #181
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
How can you possibly have "a small left over area" in your camera bag? What bag do you have?
thanks
barondla
A hidden spy camera captured this image just outside Laurens house as she was planning her next Pentax outing......



As he is walking to the wagon to load it.....


01-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #182
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,482
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
A hidden spy camera captured this image just outside Laurens house as she was planning her next Pentax outing......



As he is walking to the wagon to load it.....
That is freak'n hilarious!!!!
And not far from the truth!!!

This is what I took to the UK last year

•Pentax K5 - two bodies
•Pentax DA 10-17mm Fisheye f/3.5-4.5
•Pentax DA 12-24mm f/4
•Pentax DA* 16-50mm f/2.8
•Pentax FA* 28-70mm f/2.8
•Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
•Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3
•Pentax FA* 24mm f/2.0
•Pentax FA Limited 31mm f/1.8
•Pentax FA Limited 43mm f/1.9
•Pentax FA Limited 77mm f/1.8
•Pentax SMC 85mm Soft f/2.2
•Pentax AF540FGZ - two flashes and various flash cords.
•Cactus V5 - 4 flash modules with remote cords.
•Pentax O-GPS-1
•Pentax Refconverter-A
•Pentax IR remote
•Pentax CS-205 remote
•Tamrac Expedition 6 pack
•Tamrac belt system and bags
•Think Tank Digital Holster 40 V2.0
•Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney
•Think Tank Airport Security V2.0
•Zoom H2N audio recorder
•Manfrotto 3021Pro/055Pro/0B13 tripod
•Manfrotto 555B leveling post
•Manfrotto 3001Pro tripod with leveling post
•Manfrotto 484RC2 head
•Manfrotto 128RC video head
•Manfrotto 680 Monopod
•ProMediaGear Katana Gimbal head
•Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoom flexible tripod
• IndiSystems Custom/prototype 24" slider
•Audio Technica Pro 24-CM microphone
•Walkstool XL
01-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #183
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
That is freak'n hilarious!!!!
And not far from the truth!!!

This is what I took to the UK last year

•Pentax K5 - two bodies
•Pentax DA 10-17mm Fisheye f/3.5-4.5
•Pentax DA 12-24mm f/4
•Pentax DA* 16-50mm f/2.8
•Pentax FA* 28-70mm f/2.8
•Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
•Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3
•Pentax FA* 24mm f/2.0
•Pentax FA Limited 31mm f/1.8
•Pentax FA Limited 43mm f/1.9
•Pentax FA Limited 77mm f/1.8
•Pentax SMC 85mm Soft f/2.2
•Pentax AF540FGZ - two flashes and various flash cords.
•Cactus V5 - 4 flash modules with remote cords.
•Pentax O-GPS-1
•Pentax Refconverter-A
•Pentax IR remote
•Pentax CS-205 remote
•Tamrac Expedition 6 pack
•Tamrac belt system and bags
•Think Tank Digital Holster 40 V2.0
•Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney
•Think Tank Airport Security V2.0
•Zoom H2N audio recorder
•Manfrotto 3021Pro/055Pro/0B13 tripod
•Manfrotto 555B leveling post
•Manfrotto 3001Pro tripod with leveling post
•Manfrotto 484RC2 head
•Manfrotto 128RC video head
•Manfrotto 680 Monopod
•ProMediaGear Katana Gimbal head
•Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoom flexible tripod
• IndiSystems Custom/prototype 24" slider
•Audio Technica Pro 24-CM microphone
•Walkstool XL
You forgot pack mule!
01-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #184
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,482
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
You forgot pack mule!
I think I paid over $500 in extra fees for the bags, but it was worth it!!!



01-17-2013, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #185
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
I added a how-to article here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/212245-how-set-up-pentax-red-dot...ml#post2244437
01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #186
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
That is freak'n hilarious!!!!
And not far from the truth!!!

This is what I took to the UK last year

•Pentax K5 - two bodies
•Pentax DA 10-17mm Fisheye f/3.5-4.5
•Pentax DA 12-24mm f/4
•Pentax DA* 16-50mm f/2.8
•Pentax FA* 28-70mm f/2.8
•Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
•Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3
•Pentax FA* 24mm f/2.0
•Pentax FA Limited 31mm f/1.8
•Pentax FA Limited 43mm f/1.9
•Pentax FA Limited 77mm f/1.8
•Pentax SMC 85mm Soft f/2.2
•Pentax AF540FGZ - two flashes and various flash cords.
•Cactus V5 - 4 flash modules with remote cords.
•Pentax O-GPS-1
•Pentax Refconverter-A
•Pentax IR remote
•Pentax CS-205 remote
•Tamrac Expedition 6 pack
•Tamrac belt system and bags
•Think Tank Digital Holster 40 V2.0
•Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney
•Think Tank Airport Security V2.0
•Zoom H2N audio recorder
•Manfrotto 3021Pro/055Pro/0B13 tripod
•Manfrotto 555B leveling post
•Manfrotto 3001Pro tripod with leveling post
•Manfrotto 484RC2 head
•Manfrotto 128RC video head
•Manfrotto 680 Monopod
•ProMediaGear Katana Gimbal head
•Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoom flexible tripod
• IndiSystems Custom/prototype 24" slider
•Audio Technica Pro 24-CM microphone
•Walkstool XL
Sherpa guide is, of course, extra.
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #187
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,088
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Hi JP,

Yes, that's the one -- as I stated, the rail clamps might be different, but both clamp sizes will fit on the Photosolve Extend-a-sight.

Here's a pic from almost 4 years ago on my K20 with the big glass

Scott
Nice set up.

So, I went and bought a Tasco BKR D30 today at Cdn. Tire here in town: $49.00 (plus taxes).
Looks good but I have one small concern: once turned on, you can see the "dot" alright, but it isn't "round"; it looks more like an asymmetrical/random "mess" making it look as a wannabe dot !?
Should this be a perfectly round looking dot ?

Anyway, no big deal since it is small enough not to cause problems in sighting the target itself.

I also ordered the X-tend a sight from Photosolve ... will be here early February !! (yeah, I took the slow shipping option because the others were way too much -- almost the price of the unit itself).

And ... I am still chasing for a Pentax brand one; if this realizes, I will likely keep the other (Tasco) as well and fit it to another camera.

Cheers!

JP
01-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #188
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
So, I went and bought a Tasco BKR D30 today at Cdn. Tire here in town: $49.00 (plus taxes). Looks good but I have one small concern: once turned on, you can see the "dot" alright, but it isn't "round"; it looks more like an asymmetrical/random "mess" making it look as a wannabe dot !? Should this be a perfectly round looking dot ?
Main thing is that the position of the red blob is where the target is so you can use it to point the camera to the correct spot. On the Pentax the dot is pretty much a dot.
See if any of the tips I suggested in the set up thread help once you get your Xtend-a-sight.

01-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #189
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,088
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Main thing is that the position of the red blob is where the target is so you can use it to point the camera to the correct spot. On the Pentax the dot is pretty much a dot.
See if any of the tips I suggested in the set up thread help once you get your Xtend-a-sight.
Yes of course.

I have read your thread on how to set up the red dot/Xtend-a-sight: very informative.

BTW, the "fuzzy" dot doesn't seem as fuzzy right now ... maybe it needed a warm up period.

Thanks, I'll be back for more help once I get the sight attachment.

JP
01-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #190
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago suburb, IL, USA
Posts: 1,535
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote

BTW, the "fuzzy" dot doesn't seem as fuzzy right now ... maybe it needed a warm up period.
Could be you're looking at it at a different brightness setting, or in different ambient light.

Scott
01-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #191
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
BTW, the "fuzzy" dot doesn't seem as fuzzy right now ... maybe it needed a warm up period.
Or you needed some time for the effects of (?) to wear off
01-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #192
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,088
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Could be you're looking at it at a different brightness setting, or in different ambient light.

Scott
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Or you needed some time for the effects of (?) to wear off
Sorry ... a bit late replying to the posts here.

The dot seems to have its own "life": sometimes fuzzy and at times quite precise.
Nonetheless, it is very acurate -- well, it looks acurate -- and will soon find out when I receive the X-Tend gizmo.

JP
01-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #193
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
Slightly off-topic but didnt want to open a new thread for this lil newb question. is the Pentax DA*300 thats used.... i did a google search and there is a few lenses with the similar name. can someone provide a link to the exact one. ^_^ thanks in advance.
01-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #194
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
QuoteOriginally posted by hakea Quote
Slightly off-topic but didnt want to open a new thread for this lil newb question. is the Pentax DA*300 thats used.... i did a google search and there is a few lenses with the similar name. can someone provide a link to the exact one. ^_^ thanks in advance.
PENTAX - smc PENTAX DA Star 300mm F4 ED(IF) SDM

Dont think there more than one with this name...

Similar names are

A* 300
F* 300
FA* 300
01-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #195
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
QuoteOriginally posted by dualie Quote
PENTAX - smc PENTAX DA Star 300mm F4 ED(IF) SDM

Dont think there more than one with this name...

Similar names are

A* 300
F* 300
FA* 300
Im getting it mixed up with the DA 55-300... wow, its around $2000
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, caps, dot, finder, mirrorless, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7, tasco
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does my 55-300 have a focussing issue ? [img] photoleet Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 11-17-2011 12:23 AM
K5 and the focusing indicator the red dot nirVaan Pentax K-5 1 08-12-2011 08:30 PM
Red alignment dot came off SlickYamaha Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 08-02-2011 07:04 PM
Pentax K-R - Red Dot in Video marlonf Pentax K-r 15 11-12-2010 10:53 AM
Red and Blue dot in my picture? jeremy_c Pentax DSLR Discussion 7 11-17-2008 09:19 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top