Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What Pentax needs to really do....

I've acquired a Q some time back (to complement my *istD, K10D and MZ-S), and I am overall happy. I got the white body with the 01 and 02 lenses - the FishEye is coming by mail some time this week

Wonderful camera, comes with me wherever I go these days, and opens shooting opportunities otherwise unexploited.

Alas, I am finding myself missing (really really missing) two things: a lens of the same build and quality as the DA 77 Ltd, and a macro. I would guess that it should be possible to construct a really compact macro-with-LED-ring-light for the Q, and I'd really really love for that to happen.

The 01 and 02 lenses are "quite OK" -- alas, I would be happy to pay a premium for a really high-grade Q-lens or two. It'd also show Pentax' commitment to the Q-mount if they were to make some such.

I'm thinking that while the K01 is a "nice toy", Pentax should stand to win by exploring the "full size APS-C" (K5 successor) body in parallel with a high-quality Q-series.

I found it rather disappointing to see that the Q lens roadmap didn't include a macro and was rather vague on the other lenses.

What's everybody's choice for macro on the Q?

05-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For macro have been using adapted Pentax DFA100 and 200 macro lenses. Also use 01 prime with closeup filters ( #4 & 10).

The tele zoom may have a macro funtion. Some would say the Sonnetar is similar to the 77 ltd. There will probably be more lenses. The Q is doing well. Especially in Asia.
thanks
barondla