Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Has Pentax ever sold the Q packaged in a box without a lens?

Over on Fab.com, they are offering a great price on a Q kit. But reading the exhaustive itemized list of everything included in the purchase, it does not include mention of a Lens.

Customer Support only echoed back to me the list of everything I stated I read was included in the purchase, and did not directly address my question: The lens is not mentioned ... Is the Lens Included On The Purchase?
I doubt they will answer on followup but I'm trying.

So do any of you know if Pentax ever sold a packaged Q in a box w/o a lens included?

...Because if not, and this is not just an error in omission of mention of the lens in the sales description, Fab.com or the supplier is playing games and removing the lens on the purchase ... and that's pretty bad.

Thanx.

06-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I don't think they have, because you can't get the standard prime outside of the kit as far as I know.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here in Canada, NO, as Adam said, kit is sold body+ 01 lens, the other 3 lenses 02,03 and 04 can be purchased separately but there is no 01 sold alone.

Last edited by Clicker; 06-07-2012 at 07:18 PM.
06-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

They are selling the 'Q Standard Prime Camera Kit Blk' Fab.com | daily design for everyone , this implies the standard prime 01 is in the kit.

FYI Adorama is 20 bucks less http://www.adorama.com/IPXQBK.html

06-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm not aware of it. It would be sensible for a second-gen Q might be sold body-alone for upgraders.
06-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
m8o
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
They are selling the 'Q Standard Prime Camera Kit Blk' Fab.com | daily design for everyone , this implies the standard prime 01 is in the kit.

FYI Adorama is 20 bucks less Pentax Q Compact Digital Camera with Standard F1.9 Lens - Black 15073
The saying is, "buyer beware". They show a laundry list of items that comprises the kit and come in the box, plus accessories they are adding to the kit. ...but, they omitted mention of the lens. So, I was being "wary" and wanted a statement from the company in black and white that I will be getting the lens.

I finally got an answer after they research more. They confirmed that the sale does include the 01 Prime Lens.

btw, Note what is included in the sale. Case, ext warranty, mem card, extra rechargeable battery ... It's a good deal more than $100 less than if I bought the kit and all separately from Adorama (which I go to all the time as it's only a few blocks away) or B&H ; it's a great deal.

Thanx for the comments everyone. The issue's been settled.
06-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewG NY Quote
I'm not aware of it. It would be sensible for a second-gen Q might be sold body-alone for upgraders.
That is what I would say too. For a first generation product selling it without a lens doesn't make much sense. But once the second generation hits the shelves, I expect first generation Q users may be encouraged to upgrade, and doing so requires a body only kit.

Wim
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I just bought the Q - body only - over here today. Cost was ca. $400.