Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Q with D mount soo cool!

Som Berthiot Pan-Cinor 30 DV (10-30mm f/2.8) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
PENTAX Q + SOM BERTHIOT PAN-CINOR 1:2.8 f=10 30 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
PENTAX Q & D-mount lens | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
C-Mount blog | D-Mount blog??PENTAX Q?D??????? ?

06-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The lens in first link looks great!
06-09-2012, 04:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have a d mount switar, d lenses vignette heavily on the Q, better off with C mount lenses...
06-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Depends which d-mount lens you get, even at the same focal length, there are lenses which vignette less than others. That being said, having a vignette is not the end of the world.

Here is that Som Berthiot 10-30 at 10mm:

06-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #5

I've been pondering the purchase of a d mount adapter.. I have a c mount, but haven't found any great deals on gear locally, and c mount lenses fetch a fair penny on the big auction site. D mount are less expensive, especially if you buy a set with a camera.

Has anyone tried the wider angle d mount lenses? In the 5.5mm range? If they work fairly well, that would be a fantastic focal length on the Q.
06-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I have a Cine Yashinon-V 6.5mm f/1.4 on its way to me now, can't wait to try it out. I found this video of it on the Q, although it looks like the photographer is freelensing it.

Eventually I want to get a Kern Pizar 5.5mm f/1.9, or a Switar if the price is right. There are sample images out there that show vignetting only in the extreme corners.
Here is one on ebay. I asked this seller whether the aperture adjustment works, he said he would "check tomorrow", it's been about a week now. Probably not a good sign...
06-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mock Quote
I have a Cine Yashinon-V 6.5mm f/1.4 on its way to me now, can't wait to try it out. I found this video of it on the Q, although it looks like the photographer is freelensing it. Street Dance 2 with Yashinon 6.5mm F1.4 on Pentax Q - YouTube

Eventually I want to get a Kern Pizar 5.5mm f/1.9, or a Switar if the price is right. There are sample images out there that show vignetting only in the extreme corners.
Here is one on ebay. I asked this seller whether the aperture adjustment works, he said he would "check tomorrow", it's been about a week now. Probably not a good sign...
He's not freelensing it, heres a video I shot with a 5.5mm f1.8 d mount switar. I notice that when shooting video it bounces around I'm guessing it's the sensor and the in built shake reduction. Some lenses do it more than othersand it's always heavy on the left side. This lens isnt so bad but does it...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/39397384" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
06-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Ah, the SR system, makes sense.
That was an entertaining film.

06-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Site Supporter

For stills SR doesn't function with adapted lenses.. Don't see how it could work with video since there are no elecrical contacts to report focal length. Am I missing something?
thanks
barondla

D mount lenses look interesting. Images are awesome.
06-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
For stills SR doesn't function with adapted lenses.. Don't see how it could work with video since there are no elecrical contacts to report focal length. Am I missing something?
thanks
barondla
Actually for some odd reason shake reduction activates with adapted lenses in movie mode. For those with c mount lenses or the sonnetar, notice the shake in picture mode than switch to movie mode and you will notice the shake gone. I have no clue why it works in movie mode and not picture mode...
06-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by ndjedinak Quote
Has anyone tried the wider angle d mount lenses? In the 5.5mm range? If they work fairly well, that would be a fantastic focal length on the Q.
here are a couple test shots I took with my 6.5mm f1.9 Mansfield Cinepar from the old Revere 8mm sitting on my shelf. I haven't gone out to shoot with it for real, but I wanted to see what the images looked like - especially the vignetting - so I took it out in the yard (I don't usually take pix of garden hoses). It certainly does give it an old time look. I shot some photos in rectangular aspect and square - the vignetting favors the square format. this is a fixed focus lens, but I still had to unscrew the lens a bit from the adapter to get the image into focus - however the pics are still a bit soft, but I like it enough that I'll shoot more with it. I haven't tried the other two lenses off the Revere yet. These images are not edited in any way. the vignetting isn't exactly even at the corners...

you could always check out this thread, there may be other wide angle D images on there... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/176991-c-d-mount-lens-club.html

Last edited by emergo; 07-31-2013 at 12:04 PM.
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Heres a photo shot in bold monochrome with the Kern Paillard Switar 5.5mm f/1.8

06-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
He's not freelensing it, heres a video I shot with a 5.5mm f1.8 d mount switar. I notice that when shooting video it bounces around I'm guessing it's the sensor and the in built shake reduction. Some lenses do it more than othersand it's always heavy on the left side. This lens isnt so bad but does it...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/39397384" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>