Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2013, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

If anyone is looking for the O-VF1 viewfinder for a decent price, it's available from lozeau.com here in Canada for $99, on clearance. Still way to crazy a price for me (especially since I don't have a Q yet), but I thought someone might be interested. Do be sure you want it though, final sale:

Lozeau | Viseur optique Pentax O-VF1 $99

I spotted it, when searching for another items at a decent price. I've got a Canon Video camera, and they've got a good price on the 5.1 surround sound microphone ($149). Family vids are going to jump to another level:

Lozeau Canon SM-V1 5.1 Mic $149

I've never ordered from these guys before, but I know they've been around for ages....reputable company I believe.

Last edited by WiseOx; 02-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
02-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
If anyone is looking for the O-VF1 viewfinder for a decent price, it's available from lozeau.com here in Canada for $99, on clearance. Still way to crazy a price for me (especially since I don't have a Q yet), but I thought someone might be interested. Do be sure you want it though, final sale:

Lozeau | Viseur optique Pentax O-VF1 $99

I spotted it, when searching for another items at a decent price. I've got a Canon Video camera, and they've got a good price on the 5.1 surround sound microphone ($149). Family vids are going to jump to another level:

Lozeau Canon SM-V1 5.1 Mic $149

I've never ordered from these guys before, but I know they've been around for ages....reputable company I believe.
Good find. Their website says they only ship to Canada but you can call for an estimate for international. Might be worth a try is someone really wants the O-VF1.
02-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a great deal!
I already have a TeleWide VF on my Q but what I am wondering is if this O-VF1 would be "better" optically ?

Any thoughts on that, anyone?

JP
02-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have spent hours on this Forum, and on the internet looking for an adapter for either K or M42 to Pentax Q. After a day or more, I finally found an M42 to Q, but no sign of a K to Q. This is staggering to me, considering that there were adapters for lenses I had never heard of, available for the Q.
Lots of adapters everywhere except the one you would think was THE most important for Pentax people. I read of many reporting how their lenses work on the Q, yet there is more talk of thumb straps than a serious issue of adapter availability. Why is this?

02-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #155
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arnold welcome to the Q forum. The Q is a great little camera. Using adapters to mount lenses from other cameras is a specialty of the Q.

There are many adapters for using all types of lenses on the Q. Easiest place to find a large assortment is probably Ebay. Just search for Pentax Q lens adapters. Last time I looked there were 4 pages of them.
There are PK adapters from Kiwi, RJ, and Fotodiox, and many other companies. Try to get one with adjustable aperture ring and tripod foot if possible. The finest PK adapter is made by Pentax, and has tank like construction and a leaf shutter.

Hook your Q to an adapted lens and have fun.
thanks
barondla
02-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #156
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Arnold welcome to the Q forum. The Q is a great little camera. Using adapters to mount lenses from other cameras is a specialty of the Q.

There are many adapters for using all types of lenses on the Q. Easiest place to find a large assortment is probably Ebay. Just search for Pentax Q lens adapters. Last time I looked there were 4 pages of them.
There are PK adapters from Kiwi, RJ, and Fotodiox, and many other companies. Try to get one with adjustable aperture ring and tripod foot if possible. The finest PK adapter is made by Pentax, and has tank like construction and a leaf shutter.

thanks
barondla
Thanks for the advice, but as I said I have been on the internet. They had 44 adapters of which only one M42 M 42 42mm Screw Mount Film Lens to Pentax Q Mount Camera Adapter Ring Tube | eBay could be used and which I bought for M42.
Otherwise, nothing was for Pentax. Every other brand from Nikon to Olympus with every mount from C to M, but no K.
02-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #157
Forum Member

Try this k to q adapter in Cameras | eBay

02-13-2013, 05:03 AM   #159
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps you're looking for a direct, one-step adapter. First you need an M42 to K, then the K to Q. Here's one commentator from the forum but there's lots of options. Pentax's own is favored but difficult to find sometimes.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/accessory-memory-articles/87287-right-typ...t-adaptor.html
02-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote

thanks
barondla
QuoteOriginally posted by Blythman Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Perhaps you're looking for a direct, one-step adapter. First you need an M42 to K, then the K to Q. Here's one commentator from the forum but there's lots of options. Pentax's own is favored but difficult to find sometimes.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/accessory-memory-articles/87287-right-typ...t-adaptor.html
That's what I love about this forum! Someone can't find something and people jump in and find it for them! There are LOADS of K to Q adapters out there and these links take you straight to them. Enjoy!
02-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for all the help fellows. It seems eBay's search didn't do it for me when I used 'Pentax Q adapters'. Sometimes just a different order of the words makes a difference I have found. I will check out those sites you mention tomorrow. Meanwhile I have ordered the M42 version, which may have given me enough options. Still, I will seek the K version now.

Update. Just bought from Amazon "Fotodiox 11LA-PK-PK-Q-new Lens Mount Adapter with Aperture Dial, Pentax K/PK Lens to Pentax Q-Series Camera.
Only $27
but post is another $29.Thanks again. I even bought a lens reverse adapter
02-15-2013, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #162
Inactive Account

Petri tele-wide finder

I swore I would never buy a Q because of the small sensor, but when the price for Q and 02 lens recently dropped to $179, my resolve evaporated. I really like the feel of the camera. It is nothing like a typical point and shoot, and it is ergonomically more satisfying than my SONY RX100, although of course it can't match the RX100 in IQ. But I can't use the Q in bright sunlight, by which I mean that I can't see anything at all on the LCD screen. This led me to look for a viewfinder. People on this forum report success with the Yashica tele-wide, but I wasn't able to find one on eBay for a price I was willing to pay. So I bought a Petri Auxiliary Lens 1:1:8 kit for $12, never used and in pristine condition. The kit includes a wide angle and a telephoto lens and a viewfinder. I thought the two lenses could be used on the Q with a step-up adapter (41.5mm to 45mm), but they cause vignetting on the 02 lens. However, the viewfinder is quite servicable. It is labeled "Petri Tele-Wide Finder". It looks very much like the Yashica's I've seen pictured on the forum, i.e., black circle with yellow glass and etched "T" and "W" frames within the viewfinder. It is bright. The color cast is a bit different than what you see through the LCD, almost like a polarizer effect. At a distance of about 15' the 02 lens FOV at its widest (5mm) is wider than the "W" frame in the viewfinder -- in fact slightly wider than what can be seen in the viewfinder at all. At the same distance, the FOV of the 02 lens at its longest (15mm) is close to what you see within the "T" frame in the viewfinder. I've found that after a little practice I can guestimate the framing pretty accurately at the wide or long end of the 02 lens using the viewfinder. Of course over the full zoom range my guestimation accuracy breaks down a lot. In any case, at the long and wide ends I'm getting framing much closer to what I intend when I use the viewfinder than what I get when I hold the camera at arms length and squint at a LCD on which I can't see anything because of the bright sunshine. Holding the camera against my cheek to use the viewfinder is also producing much steadier and more leveled shots than I get when using the LCD.

Hope this helps anyone who might be considering the Petri.

Russ
02-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #163
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A must have accessory is the adapter for other lenses. Here I used an old Vivitar 80-200 macro zoom K mount. The samples are at 6 and 12 miles distant (direct line of sight) and a hand held macro of a dime size coin I simply held in my hand and lifted into focus range. All taken as Jpeg but auto enhanced only.
Attached Images

Last edited by arnold; 02-23-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: corrected lens specifications
02-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #164
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
G'Day Arnold,

In your other post you said this was an 80-200?

Vivitar only had one 70-200, an F3.8 made by Bauer (first two digits of serial no. were 42).

They had 5 80-200's.

An F4 made by Kobori (77)
An F4.5 made by Bauer (42)
An F4.5 made by Kobori (77)
An F4.4 made by Kiron (22)
An F4.5 made by Komine (28)

Could you clarify the id of this lens?

Thanks,
02-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #165
Veteran Member

Love this on my Q