Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Nice narrative on your Q usage and nice catch too.
Wish there are pikes in the waters around here...

Do they taste that bad? 'muddy' taste? Bones?
:-)
They taste muddy in swampy waters. This in the ocean (look for Kalix in Sweden on a map) so they are ok. The bones are big and y shaped, no problem. Where do you live?

08-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
Pentaxian
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,439
I eat pike, just cook it in the oven in cream and it taste really good. Which lenses do you recommend?
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I eat pike, just cook it in the oven in cream and it taste really good. Which lenses do you recommend?
Nice!
I have the 01 prime, toy tele and fish eye. The toy tele is pretty boring/useless imo. Prime is nice and sharp, fish eye is quite sharp and very fun.
08-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #19
Pentaxian
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,439
So I'll go with the toy wide, no wait, it is said to suck as well. Oh boy...

08-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Biro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,159
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on Crutchfield's current $399 deal on the Q with prime kit lens. Free shipping and a free Pentax natural leather case, too. There may be a second-generation Q soon but I'm sure I'll have fun with this camera for a while. If things work out maybe I'll add the zoom and OVF.
08-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
So I'll go with the toy wide, no wait, it is said to suck as well. Oh boy...
:-) I thought the toy wide was too close to the 01 prime and fish eye in FL so I got the tele. It's not a very good lens. The 01 prime is a very good all around FL.

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on Crutchfield's current $399 deal on the Q with prime kit lens. Free shipping and a free Pentax natural leather case, too. There may be a second-generation Q soon but I'm sure I'll have fun with this camera for a while. If things work out maybe I'll add the zoom and OVF.
Good choice. There'll probably be a new Q soon, but not to that price. The current model is very capable and for the money it's the best "point and shoot" I've tried. My gf has a G12 and is impressed with the Q. Compared some high iso between Q and g12, both are good but the Q got much nicer noise. The only problem I've got is that the noise from the Q is very hard to remove in lightroom (maybe I suck at it), it's like the noise is minimized already, so when I start to remove more the detail vanish. The best thing about the Q is that there's no color noise just like with the k-5.
08-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #22
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,772
QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
:-)
They taste muddy in swampy waters. This in the ocean (look for Kalix in Sweden on a map) so they are ok. The bones are big and y shaped, no problem. Where do you live?
I live in Singapore. Its the tropics, right smack on the equator actually.
Over populated and very over fished.

I guess the closest prized catch for the locals is the snakehead ( Snakehead (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
I'd suspect rather similar tasting qualities too (ie. muddy if from freshwater) and bones.
I used to fish them from the local reservoir, but given up on fishing due to time constraints and too many hobbies
They are typically used as a base for medicinal soups here.
08-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #23
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I live in Singapore. Its the tropics, right smack on the equator actually.
Over populated and very over fished.

I guess the closest prized catch for the locals is the snakehead ( Snakehead (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
I'd suspect rather similar tasting qualities too (ie. muddy if from freshwater) and bones.
I used to fish them from the local reservoir, but given up on fishing due to time constraints and too many hobbies
They are typically used as a base for medicinal soups here.
Thats one ugly fish!

Medicinal soups, ^^ sounds like witch doctory stuff.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brother, camera, fisheye, focus, infinity, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7, toy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature A few from the weekend gifthorse Post Your Photos! 4 02-22-2012 09:28 AM
Landscape Two more from the Weekend Jimbo Post Your Photos! 13 02-11-2012 02:01 PM
Landscape Few from this weekend Jimbo Post Your Photos! 35 01-06-2011 07:33 AM
Landscape Few from this weekend Jimbo Post Your Photos! 13 10-18-2010 12:50 PM
Nature Photos from this weekend miss_alexx Post Your Photos! 4 07-12-2010 06:54 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top