Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Nice narrative on your Q usage and nice catch too.
Wish there are pikes in the waters around here...

Do they taste that bad? 'muddy' taste? Bones?
:-)
They taste muddy in swampy waters. This in the ocean (look for Kalix in Sweden on a map) so they are ok. The bones are big and y shaped, no problem. Where do you live?

08-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I eat pike, just cook it in the oven in cream and it taste really good. Which lenses do you recommend?
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I eat pike, just cook it in the oven in cream and it taste really good. Which lenses do you recommend?
Nice!
I have the 01 prime, toy tele and fish eye. The toy tele is pretty boring/useless imo. Prime is nice and sharp, fish eye is quite sharp and very fun.
08-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

So I'll go with the toy wide, no wait, it is said to suck as well. Oh boy...

08-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on Crutchfield's current $399 deal on the Q with prime kit lens. Free shipping and a free Pentax natural leather case, too. There may be a second-generation Q soon but I'm sure I'll have fun with this camera for a while. If things work out maybe I'll add the zoom and OVF.
08-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
So I'll go with the toy wide, no wait, it is said to suck as well. Oh boy...
:-) I thought the toy wide was too close to the 01 prime and fish eye in FL so I got the tele. It's not a very good lens. The 01 prime is a very good all around FL.

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on Crutchfield's current $399 deal on the Q with prime kit lens. Free shipping and a free Pentax natural leather case, too. There may be a second-generation Q soon but I'm sure I'll have fun with this camera for a while. If things work out maybe I'll add the zoom and OVF.
Good choice. There'll probably be a new Q soon, but not to that price. The current model is very capable and for the money it's the best "point and shoot" I've tried. My gf has a G12 and is impressed with the Q. Compared some high iso between Q and g12, both are good but the Q got much nicer noise. The only problem I've got is that the noise from the Q is very hard to remove in lightroom (maybe I suck at it), it's like the noise is minimized already, so when I start to remove more the detail vanish. The best thing about the Q is that there's no color noise just like with the k-5.
08-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
:-)
They taste muddy in swampy waters. This in the ocean (look for Kalix in Sweden on a map) so they are ok. The bones are big and y shaped, no problem. Where do you live?
I live in Singapore. Its the tropics, right smack on the equator actually.
Over populated and very over fished.

I guess the closest prized catch for the locals is the snakehead ( Snakehead (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
I'd suspect rather similar tasting qualities too (ie. muddy if from freshwater) and bones.
I used to fish them from the local reservoir, but given up on fishing due to time constraints and too many hobbies
They are typically used as a base for medicinal soups here.

08-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I live in Singapore. Its the tropics, right smack on the equator actually.
Over populated and very over fished.

I guess the closest prized catch for the locals is the snakehead ( Snakehead (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
I'd suspect rather similar tasting qualities too (ie. muddy if from freshwater) and bones.
I used to fish them from the local reservoir, but given up on fishing due to time constraints and too many hobbies
They are typically used as a base for medicinal soups here.
Thats one ugly fish!

Medicinal soups, ^^ sounds like witch doctory stuff.