Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

The fisheye and some small things

My fisheye might be faulty because it's too soft at infinite focus (even inside the black markings) I need to stay near the 3rd line from the left, that's where infinity seems to be. And then the focus throw is very short, so I don't really know where to put it at medium distances. It would be great with a distance scale or an LCD that works in daylight. :-) How do you focus accurate with the fisheye?

And maybe it would be easier if I zoomed in at the screen, how do I do that? It's not as on the K-5.

Another disturbing thing is that if exposure compensation is activated there's a box that covers too much of the already bloated screen. :-( Can it be removed?

07-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #2

Yeah the scale is not very logical and I made the same mistake when I was testing the fisheye in the shop, but I see you have already noticed that there is a certain position that ensures everything in focus from about a meter to infinity. So this is actually quite easy, you will soon memorise it (trust me) and set it without even looking at the display :-)
07-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Will look for the 1 meter spot. :-)
07-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Hi fikkser,

You activate the Focusing Aid -- LV magnification (after setting it up in the menu) by pressing the OK button. Unfortunately, it is again disabled by a half press of the shutter button. Q users with MF lenses could use some help from Pentax through a firmware update to make it easier IMO. Enabling Focus Trap (CIF), adding Focus Peaking, and allowing focusing aids to remain active until the shutter fires would be steps in the right direction, IMO.

Scott