Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Has this review been published by any of the major review sites? It's really exceptional, and paints a much more valid picture of what can be done with this camera than any other review does.

11-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think this thread should be pinned at the top of this forum
12-08-2012, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #63
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Bringing back an old thread because the Q has dropped in price again and they updated the firmware to v1.1 with lots of nice improvements. This is a nice review, I'd like to know if you upgraded to v1.1 firmware and what your thoughts are on it?
Sorry to not have replied sooner.
I was undecided if I was to stop posting in PF totally after the disappointment with its lax control over people (who have jumped ship) apparently 'poaching'/influencing users to Canikony especially post Photokina 2012.

However, its in sub-forums like the K01 and the Q that keeps the optimistic spirit alive.

I've upgraded to v1.1.
I don't think I have anything new to add since lots of the guys here have done a great job giving info on camera performance with v1.1.
My impressions :
1. Close focus works properly now (great); before, it often refused to focus
2. Low light focus (big improvement)
3. Focus peaking certainly rocks! - much easier to confirm focus

Here's are 3 shots fresh from a Pentax monthly outing today.

12-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

Great pics

These are great animal shots! Which lens/adapter etc? I assume you were using a Q. The exif data is missing so I cannot tell. Thanks for your great help.

q

12-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
These are great animal shots! Which lens/adapter etc? I assume you were using a Q. The exif data is missing so I cannot tell. Thanks for your great help.

q
Thanks.
Its the Q with FA*80-200.
The adapter is the 3rd party one.

Long story with the exit data.
When Flickr changed its interface a few years back, I found that I just could not extract the exif data.
Even when I have allowed its viewing in my settings page.
01-11-2013, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #66

Great Review

I'm new to the forums and just found this review, which I think is wonderful. My Q (bought last April) is my first Pentax camera, and I really love it. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I'm now finding it to be a wonderful tool. I've also met quite a few interesting folks in my travels who have asked me about it since it's so unusual. I don't know anyone else who uses Pentax, but I'm hooked now. I'm picking up a new (to me) MX at the post office tomorrow, which I just bought off of eBay.

The macro and long focal length shots are just amazing. I definitely need to try that out, especially as I'm about to get my first K-mount lens.

Following are some recent shots with my Q from a trip to Switzerland (Zurich and Zermatt). They are all with the Standard Prime lens, manual focus/exposure, and ISO 125.

Kyle
Attached Images

01-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #67
Site Supporter

Great stuff Kyle. Welcome aboard. The Q lends itself very well to monochrome treatment.
01-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kyle Gupton Quote
I'm new to the forums and just found this review, which I think is wonderful. My Q (bought last April) is my first Pentax camera, and I really love it. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I'm now finding it to be a wonderful tool. I've also met quite a few interesting folks in my travels who have asked me about it since it's so unusual. I don't know anyone else who uses Pentax, but I'm hooked now. I'm picking up a new (to me) MX at the post office tomorrow, which I just bought off of eBay.

The macro and long focal length shots are just amazing. I definitely need to try that out, especially as I'm about to get my first K-mount lens.

Following are some recent shots with my Q from a trip to Switzerland (Zurich and Zermatt). They are all with the Standard Prime lens, manual focus/exposure, and ISO 125.

Kyle
Welcome aboard! What a nice introduction to the forum with some terrific Q photos!

01-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter

Kyle
Welcome Kyle! Nice shots.

You may be interested in some of the other Q threads on the forum

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/172196-lets-share-shots-q.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/176169-pentax-q-street-shots-post-them-here.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/173602-reach-q-images.html
01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Here's are 3 shots fresh from a Pentax monthly outing today.
These are all beautiful.
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Kyle
Lovely shots! Raw or Jpeg?
I did my international high school (gymnasium) work placement training for three weeks in Switzerland and your shots brought back wonderful memories. I worked in Heerbrugg, St.Gallen and lived with a wonderful host family. However my host family took me everywhere from Interlaken and Ballenberg to Bern, we even flew a stunt flight over Bodensee! Also I went to Baden and Zürich the last days as a part of the arrangement.

Switzerland was wonderful and one thing that hit me was how clean it was. I know Sweden is considered clean to but after I've been to Zürich I think Swedish cities looks like dumps in comparison. I would love to go back there...
01-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #72

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Lovely shots! Raw or Jpeg?
I did my international high school (gymnasium) work placement training for three weeks in Switzerland and your shots brought back wonderful memories. I worked in Heerbrugg, St.Gallen and lived with a wonderful host family. However my host family took me everywhere from Interlaken and Ballenberg to Bern, we even flew a stunt flight over Bodensee! Also I went to Baden and Zürich the last days as a part of the arrangement.

Switzerland was wonderful and one thing that hit me was how clean it was. I know Sweden is considered clean to but after I've been to Zürich I think Swedish cities looks like dumps in comparison. I would love to go back there...
Thanks everyone! These are all JPG, straight from the camera with no adjustments or cropping. I used the default Monochrome custom image setting. I was really trying to practice with the Q by setting up the camera as simply as I could.

Kyle