Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #16

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

The Q is so handsome I don't want to cover it up! Plus the whole reason I got it was for easy access.

09-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
Veteran Member

The need for a case...

I've got some LowePro pouch, that fits the Q (without lens mounted), plus the two 01 & 02 lenses, an extra battery, remote and iPad SD-card adaptor. I use it simply to protects it from sliding around in the briefcase, and it's really a tight enough fit to remain compact. I think this is the case I use: http://products.lowepro.com/product/Santiago-30,2195,24.htm.

But when walking out with the camera, I don't bother with a case, I simply stick it in my right-side suit inner pocket, where the Q with either lens fits perfectly
09-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #18

Update: I ordered a few memory cards for a trip which didn't arrive in time, so I swung by the local bestbuy to see what they had in stock. While there I took a peek at cases, and grabbed a Lowepro Edit 110: http://products.lowepro.com/product/Edit-110,1938,22.htm. It fits the Q perfectly, with a padded divider to separate from a few Q lenses. I was able to squeeze in the Q w/02 zoom, 01 Prime, and fisheye with enough room to spare for a waterproof Nikon AW100.
09-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #19

I'd choose a small Billingham bag -- black canvas & black leather. Or an even pricier Fogg.

09-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
Inactive Account

I'm gonna hijack this thread and ask how to you organize extra lenses/batteries/caps etc if the Q ISN"T in a case? For example I but all the bits and pieces loose in my jacket pocket but worried one of the light plastic caps will flick out of my pocket and also lenses scratching up (I do cap them of course).
09-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got the wife the Lowepro Edit 120 because we had the same issue as the OP.

It has two divides in with fits perfectly the Q, spare lens, charger in each space. The you have the pockets for lens cleaner's, SD cards etc
09-15-2012, 01:38 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
I'm gonna hijack this thread and ask how to you organize extra lenses/batteries/caps etc if the Q ISN"T in a case? For example I but all the bits and pieces loose in my jacket pocket but worried one of the light plastic caps will flick out of my pocket and also lenses scratching up (I do cap them of course).
I keep everything in a suede and leather drawstring bag that I got with this leather case bundle on The Bay. Really nice half case and a nice case to hold either your zoom or 01 prime, I now use it as a belt case for my CV20 and 40 for my K-01 when I want no bag, but what it doesnt advertise is it's packaged in a super nice drawstring bag. Only thing I kept for my Q as the half cases make it like twice its size. So everything goes in the drawstring bag, and the bag goes in the pocket. I keep the viewfinder wrapped in the leopard skin microfiber cloth and when its on the camera I keep the hot shoe cap on a hot shoe cap holder attatched to the laces of the bag. When its warm I have on my shorts with big pockets, when its cold I have on my leather jacket with big pockets. The Q is usually always in my hand, if not it's in the other pocket...

Last edited by wanderography; 09-15-2012 at 01:44 AM.
09-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #23

You could also find a "travel" jacket with many buttoned and zippered pockets. Since the Q items are so small, it wouldn't be all that bulky or heavy.
09-15-2012, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by palemale Quote
You could also find a "travel" jacket with many buttoned and zippered pockets. Since the Q items are so small, it wouldn't be all that bulky or heavy.
scottevest.com would be the ideal place for Q clothing, lol, I have one of there hats, I wanted the leather jacket but it sold out before I could save up for it...
09-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Some good options, cant change my clothing too much as the Q is my week day partner and I'm a suit and tie guy. The Q has pride of place in my right pant pocket and the inside right pocket of my suit jacket is where the 'bits' currently live.
I was thinking of doing something with foam as a seperator to keep every thing snug in my pocket.
'Could' go with a small belt bag as I have my backpack with me to and from work which I can put it when I'm not shooting.
09-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
scottevest.com would be the ideal place for Q clothing, lol...
Their highly versatile and (my wife thinks) stylish SeV 'Revolution' jacket works as a great wearable 'camera bag'... it is offered as a sale item, periodically. Get on their email list, if you are interested, and you might score a significant savings.

Revolution Jacket from SCOTTEVEST/SeV - Revolution Jacket with Hidden Pockets

I've traveled many places using it with my K-5 kit... no problems.

Cheers... M
09-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #27

Some good options, cant change my clothing too much as the Q is my week day partner and I'm a suit and tie guy. The Q has pride of place in my right pant pocket and the inside right pocket of my suit jacket is where the 'bits' currently live.
I was thinking of doing something with foam as a seperator to keep every thing snug in my pocket.
'Could' go with a small belt bag as I have my backpack with me to and from work which I can put it when I'm not shooting.
Perhaps J. Peterman? Or the pricier J. Powell line? Zing also makes neoprene pouches that would protect in pockets.

Last edited by palemale; 09-16-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: additional remark
09-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #28
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by palemale Quote
Perhaps J. Peterman? Or the pricier J. Powell line? Zing also makes neoprene pouches that would protect in pockets.
I have some spare Point and shoot cases including a neoprene one for my old Olympus-I'll just use that.
01-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
The need for a case...

I've got some LowePro pouch, that fits the Q (without lens mounted), plus the two 01 & 02 lenses, an extra battery, remote and iPad SD-card adaptor. I use it simply to protects it from sliding around in the briefcase, and it's really a tight enough fit to remain compact. I think this is the case I use: Lowepro - Santiago 30.

But when walking out with the camera, I don't bother with a case, I simply stick it in my right-side suit inner pocket, where the Q with either lens fits perfectly
Are you sure that's the case you have? I'm looking for something just like that which can be put inside another backpack I have with me all the time. However when I look at the product shots and some customer photos I'm not sure if it's big enough to hold the Q, the Prime lens as well as extra batteries/memory cards.

Hope you can confirm that his is the right case, because it sounds perfect and I'd love to buy one if I knew whether it would be big enough or not.
01-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I use this Ambico bag. I think it's perfect for the Q, and there are several on eBay cheap.

It's roomy enough for the Q, the 02 zoom, viewfinder loupe, Pentax K adapter, cleaning kit, cloth, charger, 3 batteries, and a K-mount or other lens up to 5 inches. But it's still a small bag.