Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DarkNexiz Quote
Are you sure that's the case you have? I'm looking for something just like that which can be put inside another backpack I have with me all the time. However when I look at the product shots and some customer photos I'm not sure if it's big enough to hold the Q, the Prime lens as well as extra batteries/memory cards.

Hope you can confirm that his is the right case, because it sounds perfect and I'd love to buy one if I knew whether it would be big enough or not.
Hmm, not really sure that I know how to confirm it 100% - I threw out the label a long time ago, and I do not see anywhere in the case where the model is written.

It is tight, indeed, but it fits quite well.

I will try to snap some photos of the Q in the case, though, so you can see that it fits.

02-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by ndjedinak Quote
Update: I ordered a few memory cards for a trip which didn't arrive in time, so I swung by the local bestbuy to see what they had in stock. While there I took a peek at cases, and grabbed a Lowepro Edit 110: Lowepro - Edit 110. It fits the Q perfectly, with a padded divider to separate from a few Q lenses. I was able to squeeze in the Q w/02 zoom, 01 Prime, and fisheye with enough room to spare for a waterproof Nikon AW100.
I just received my LowePro EDIT 110 from Amazon $13. It is the perfect size IMO.The case is tiny yet fits everything I need. One of main reasons I bought it is the top flap can be closed with the velcro tab without closing the zipper. This makes for quick access yet still being secure from tip-overs. The top flap can be opened over center allowing easy access because the flap stays open. The outside pockets are a plus so I don't have to open the main compartment to grab accessories. It's small enough to fit inside the console of both my vehicles. LowePro quality with good features and small size at a really cheap price (currently).
Amazon.com: Lowepro Edit 110 Camcorder and Camera Bag: Camera & Photo

Lacro
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
The Q is why they made cargo pants pockets. Case just gets in the way.
Mine fits just right in front pocket of regular street pants.
02-15-2013, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #34

Someone here recommended this Pentax -brand case.

It's made out of leather and fits the Q + two lenses perfectly. Here's mine...

Attached Images

02-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PenTX Quote

Nice find...just placed an order since for $10 can't go wrong! I would like something similar in size with an internal padded divider but made out of canvas if anyone has come across one.
02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

I'm tempted to get one of these but if my wife sees another camera bag enter the house she will institutionalize me. So if no one hears from me for a week or so please come break me out!!
02-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
Nice find...just placed an order since for $10 can't go wrong! I would like something similar in size with an internal padded divider but made out of canvas if anyone has come across one.
Haha, the leather is a bit retro. It even comes with a "Genuine Leather" tag on it. Classy! That said, the 1980s feel is charming and the bag is exceptionally robust. As you said, for $10 you cannot go wrong.

02-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The perfect bag for an 01 / 02 kit.
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
I'm tempted to get one of these but if my wife sees another camera bag enter the house she will institutionalize me. So if no one hears from me for a week or so please come break me out!!
It is really small. Just go to wherever she keeps her purses, open the door (I'm sure it isn't a drawer), say nothing and look at her. Works - but you might have to grab a blanket that fits the couch for a night or two.
Haha, the leather is a bit retro. It even comes with a "Genuine Leather" tag on it. Classy! That said, the 1980s feel is charming and the bag is exceptionally robust. As you said, for $10 you cannot go wrong.
Reviewed HERE There really are a lot of hand operations and features found on brand-name camera bags - $10 is a steal for this bag.
02-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Just go to wherever she keeps her purses, open the door (I'm sure it isn't a drawer), say nothing and look at her. Works - but you might have to grab a blanket that fits the couch for a night or two.
One time she jokingly asked me, "Do you really need five cameras?" To which I responded, "Do you really need SIX cats? As far as I'm concerned I'm still eligible for one more camera."

Fortunately for me, her response was a laugh and "Good point."
02-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Reviewed HERE There really are a lot of hand operations and features found on brand-name camera bags - $10 is a steal for this bag.
Very thorough review with many pics...nice and small bag for storage and field use, I am even more glad I ordered one. It is a steal!
02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #41
Pentaxian

One time she jokingly asked me, "Do you really need five cameras?" To which I responded, "Do you really need SIX cats? As far as I'm concerned I'm still eligible for one more camera."

So far my wife has yet to catch on...hopefully she never comes across this forum
02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
So far my wife has yet to catch on...hopefully she never comes across this forum
That's why I always buy black cameras...I keep hoping that throws her off the scent of new/upgraded cameras.
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You only have five cameras?
02-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Got the case yesterday and I like it a lot actually . Very compact and well made...great complement for the Q and what a deal. Thanks again to pentx for the heads up and to monochrome for the review!