Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got my Pentax Q with prime lens

Dear all, after reading all your valuable comment and those great photos here, I finally got my new toy today......really great to complement my Pentax K5 and no need to learn most buttons and features as well.......look forward to get adaptor to put my sigma 300 2.8 lens and teleconverter to see what I can find....

Jacpat

08-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congrats! Now post some photos asap
08-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Congratulations on your new addition. Bought a used Q for my wife on Monday, but I almost wish I hadn't because now I want one of my own. What little she's let me play with it, the thing is just too darned fun!
08-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
my first pentax Q photo

08-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Q forum jacpat1234. Glad to see you already posting photos. The Q is a great little camera that is a joy to own and use . Q owners are some of the happiest photographers. This forum is a good example of how much fun it is to own the Q.

Please post more images when you get the chance and make sure to do the lens and body firmware updates. The updates help the Q perform at its maximum. Also consider entering the photo ontest in the compact camera forum.
thanks
barondla

ps: by now you have figured out the Q needs an extra battery or two for an all afternoon shoot.
08-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Me Too!

Thought I would jump on this thread as I just pushed the button on a Q+prime 01 of my own!
I have just started working in the city last few weeks and there has been too many street shooting opportunities lost! So hopefully just a few days as buying local.
08-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
The Q is a great little camera that is a joy to own and use . Q owners are some of the happiest photographers. This forum is a good example of how much fun it is to own the Q.
Hi barondla,

I think that this is a great (and very true) observation. It occurred to me when I read it that was that Q photographers tend to not be stuck on ultimate, nitpicky, measurbating IQ as the goal, and that frees up the creative, fun, out-of-the-box side of photography for us. We know going in that the Q won't give us equivalent images compared to our DSLRs, so we're forced to experiment and look within ourselves to get the best we can out of the camera as it is, and that it itself is a great lesson IMO. Add to that the expansion of my DSLR kit's capabilities well beyond where my DSLRs can go in ultra tele and macro photography, and it just doesn't get any better than that.

I know that the Q has pushed me to grow as a photographer in more ways than any of the DSLR body/lens upgrades I've made, and there have been quite a few of these over the years. Who woulda thought that an "overly expensive" tiny camera with an "obviously inadequate" itsy-bitsy sensor could do something like that?

Scott
08-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Welcome to Q ownership Tonto. Working in the city will present so many photo possibilities. Q is a great street shooter. Enjoy.

Thanks snostorm. You make great points. Working with the Q can help one to become a better photographer. Ran into this years ago shooting the Pentax Auto110 and other submini film cameras like the even smaller Minox. If the photographer was too sloppy with technique it showed quickly. The Q performs at a much higher level, even rivaling or beating big DSLRs at times. So happy at how this has turned out.
thanks
barondla

08-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I'm secretly hoping my wife will get hooked on it if a new model is announced in photokina- This is how I ended up with a Kx! lol