Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Broken Q?!

Brought my Q to a festival. Very small and nice! Got many keepers.

01 prime worked perfectly
Fisheye worked perfectly
Takumar 55 1,8 worked like crap

Used the takumar with an ebay adapter and the results are pretty frustrating... The first images are with the takumar, what is the problem? The last image is with the 01 prime just to prove that the camera actually works. ^^

Those pictures are only imported in lightroom and exported, yea and crop.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
08-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,720
I would suspect a light leak in the adapter.
08-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
I would suspect a light leak in the adapter.
Light leak causing the stripe on the first picture?
08-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
Very much doubt its a light leak, its banding of the sensor, quite normal to see at high iso but not this much.
If it's just a single event then so be it or else a lane might be bad,

08-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Very much doubt its a light leak, its banding of the sensor, quite normal to see at high iso but not this much.
If it's just a single event then so be it or else a lane might be bad,
It doesn't happen with the 01 prime or fisheye. :l Only with the Takumar so far (probably all lenses used with adapter).

Under normal lighing I haven't seen any strange stripes or whatever with any lens. This must have a reason!

The purple stripes can not be banding?

I think it has something to do with the shutter/sensor.
08-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
Banding you will only see with high ISO

And why can the purple not be banding, it most likely are the blue pixels that cause the problem.


About the shutter, with the 01 it uses the leaf shutter in the lens but with the fish-eye not i believe and with adapter it uses electronic shutter as well. It could be indeed that it interfere, try it out i would say,
08-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member
kcobain1992's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,409
QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
The last image is with the 01 prime just to prove that the camera actually works. ^^
oh god...
08-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Banding you will only see with high ISO

And why can the purple not be banding, it most likely are the blue pixels that cause the problem.


About the shutter, with the 01 it uses the leaf shutter in the lens but with the fish-eye not i believe and with adapter it uses electronic shutter as well. It could be indeed that it interfere, try it out i would say,
Looked at pictures taken with fisheye and takumar from the same stage, maybe not with the exact same lighting, but the fisheye has no problem.

I don't think it can be banding, it doesn't look like that. Ever tried a k10?

It prolly has to do with the electronic shutter, but why? Should have posted this in trouble shooting.

08-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
Light leak causing the stripe on the first picture?
Well there is a different leak with the last image
08-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well there is a different leak with the last image
ofc! ^^
08-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
it's not the Q if the 01 and 03 works flawlessly but the adapter/Tak combo...something doesn't fit properly causing the leak.

Check the fit with a flashlight thru the lens+adapter wide open in a darkened room or visually inspect the fit.
08-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #12
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,293
Can't see your image because I am doing this on a Kindle( computer is down at the moment). I have had a problem similar to what you are describing with adapted lenses. Mine was caused by the combination of adapted lenses, the electronic shutter, and flourescent lighting. This causes banding way more extreme than high iso banding. In theory the fisheye should also suffer this problem since it relies on the electronic shutter, but I have not tried it. Also the electrical contacts may "stabilize" the system in some way that the lens adapter can't. It also may be affected by the firmware updates to camera and lens. Aim the lenses at flourescent lights and see what happens. LED lights may also cause problems- haven't tried that. Good luck.
thanks
barondla
08-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
Veteran Member
wanderography's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hayward, California, USA
Posts: 567
I get banding with fluorescent lighting with my sonnetar, it's pretty annoying... It happens high ISO or low ISO dont matter, certain lighting causes banding with my sonnetar, it's weird...


08-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Can't see your image because I am doing this on a Kindle( computer is down at the moment). I have had a problem similar to what you are describing with adapted lenses. Mine was caused by the combination of adapted lenses, the electronic shutter, and flourescent lighting. This causes banding way more extreme than high iso banding. In theory the fisheye should also suffer this problem since it relies on the electronic shutter, but I have not tried it. Also the electrical contacts may "stabilize" the system in some way that the lens adapter can't. It also may be affected by the firmware updates to camera and lens. Aim the lenses at flourescent lights and see what happens. LED lights may also cause problems- haven't tried that. Good luck.
thanks
barondla
Oh, so I'm not alone. Let's hope they can fix this with firmware then.

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
I get banding with fluorescent lighting with my sonnetar, it's pretty annoying... It happens high ISO or low ISO dont matter, certain lighting causes banding with my sonnetar, it's weird...


Very strange. I might call the Pentax service center.
08-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #15
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,025
So another reason to wait for the Pentax adapter that will have a leaf shutter built in?

Wim
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7, takumar
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Takumar F 70-200/Yashica M42 135/2.8/Fujix Hi8/broken SONY Hi8/broken Canon G2 benhai Sold Items 8 03-19-2012 11:54 AM
Broken ME, want to take apart Capslock118 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 12 11-12-2010 05:19 AM
Lens is broken: broken mount nemo9439 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 08-27-2010 09:52 AM
Broken dreams, broken camera brkl Post Your Photos! 3 03-10-2009 05:08 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top