The description says
QuoteQuote:
Product Highlights

• Adapt K-mount Lenses to Q-mount Cameras
  • Multiplies Focal Length by 5.5x
  • Built-In Mechanical Shutter
  • Rolling Shutter and Shake Reduction
  • Manual Aperture Control Possible
I did not see this mentioned in the release - if this is true it would definitely make it worth the upgrade because with the rolling shutter fix then handheld shooting is possible, yes?

I believe I will eventually get one, if it turns out I like using the Q.

09-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
When does this problem occur? Is it evident in static, tripod mounted shooting or only when trying to shoot handheld with an adapted lens?
Static shooting of static subjects - no problem.
Change one or both parameters and you'll run into it after passing certain speed thresholds.
I forgot to add, of course you'll get SR with it, too.
09-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I really doubt that enabling SR with adapted lenses will be something included in the adapter -- most likely a firmware update. There's no sense doing anything more than manual FL input like the Pentax DSLRs. One more thing about this -- it'll be interesting to see how far they go with the actual FL that we can enter. I'm guessing that the limit will be somewhere between 150 and 200mm actual. This will indicate the practical limits of the SR system in the Q -- the limit for APS-C is 800mm actual (1200mm 135 format EQ)

I've yet to encounter any rolling shutter effect when shooting my Q with any adapted lenses, but shooting moving subjects and LV manual focus are pretty much mutually exclusive for me at least. . . YMMV.

Scott

Last edited by snostorm; 09-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.