Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
There is also no mention of the magnesium alloy chassis, so are we to assume it has gone?
from the Pentax website "Construction material(s): Reinforced polycarbonate plastic" PENTAX - Q10 Silver

yeah, it looks like a more consumer/price friendly construction. I guess I can't fault them too much - bring the price down so the consumers will buy it. broadening the user base should result in continued expansion of the system.

but, maybe I'll get that extra Q (classic) body after all...

09-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #17

I've been having a blast taking photos with a 300mm lens and a Hoodloupe on my Q; but biggest problem is the jello effect of the sensor scan (since there's no mechanical shutter) and the higher ISOs suffer from high noise. Wondering how the Q10's sensor is "improved" (hopefully more sensitive AND faster read time for reduced jello.) I'd love an in-body mechanical shutter but I understand that it would be difficult with the super-shallow flange distance. (Although third-party adapters with mechanical shutter [and a way to fool the camera into turning on image stabilization with third-party lenses] would be really keen too.)

Unsinkable II - the Q has 1/8000 shutter speed with the electronic shutter...But it really suffers from jello.
09-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
Moo

QuoteOriginally posted by claud9999 Quote
(Although third-party adapters with mechanical shutter [and a way to fool the camera into turning on image stabilization with third-party lenses] would be really keen too.)
Like this? (Not third-party though, but would would work for any lens.)
09-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by claud9999 Quote
I've been having a blast taking photos with a 300mm lens and a Hoodloupe on my Q; but biggest problem is the jello effect of the sensor scan (since there's no mechanical shutter) and the higher ISOs suffer from high noise. Wondering how the Q10's sensor is "improved" (hopefully more sensitive AND faster read time for reduced jello.) I'd love an in-body mechanical shutter but I understand that it would be difficult with the super-shallow flange distance. (Although third-party adapters with mechanical shutter [and a way to fool the camera into turning on image stabilization with third-party lenses] would be really keen too.)

Unsinkable II - the Q has 1/8000 shutter speed with the electronic shutter...But it really suffers from jello.
Sounds like you could use the Pentax adapter as it has a mechanical shutter and communicates the lens length for use with SR- also has more aperture positions seems ideal for your use

09-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #20

Works great for Pentax lenses, which I own none (although the 560mm is almost tempting, if I could use it on my NEX-7.) How about Leica M, C, or Sony Alpha (or for that matter, NEX, m43, etc would be bonuses.)
09-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
Sounds like you could use the Pentax adapter as it has a mechanical shutter and communicates the lens length for use with SR- also has more aperture positions seems ideal for your use
How does it communicate the lens information to the camera - I saw no contacts in the photos of it?

09-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Apologies- got mixed up with how th Q10 allows you to input FL (fingers crossed Q gets this in a firmware update) so as to utilise SR- ....carry on .... lol

09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
(fingers crossed Q gets this in a firmware update) so as to utilise SR
That would be very good news. Nevertheless I have a decent tripod. But still waiting for the Q to K adapter to arrive.
09-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #24

re: K Mount adapter

Pictures of adapter only show the lens side of the mount. NO electrical contacts so all lens control will manual setting of aperture and manual focus.

Issue is that I have not seen a picture of the camera body side of the adapter. There must be an electrical connection for control of the built in shutter (I assume a leaf shutter).

With the electrical shutter, is the update to enable shake reduction with adapted lenses ONLY going to be active with the Pentax K mount adapter?

It would be very nice if the shake reduction will be totally controlled in the Q/Q10 body and not be enabled by the electrical contact in the K mount adapter.
09-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The fact that we haven't seen the rear of the adapter makes me think there are electrical contacts. can't think of any other way to fire the leaf shutter. A rep told me this adapter was diferent than what I have been using. Said it had a shutter and electronics in it. No idea n the SR question. Hope it is body only. If not there may be back flange missing from some of my Q toy lenses.
thnks
barondla
09-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #26
Inactive Account

I imagine it will work exactly like in the DSLRs - if the body doesn't sense any FL from an attached lens it refers to the last default in the Manual FL input settings.