Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New 06 tele zoom

According to Pentax UK the lens has 2 low dispersion glass elements and 1 super low dispersion. The dot after 15mm is to retract the lens for storage! Cool. Can't wait for this beauty.
thanks
barondla

09-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for the update.
09-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Agree. Now to start saving for it too.

I now have the 01 and 02 lenses for the Q.
09-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

great, the Q is still the one,
now will need to add 06 and then K/Q adaptor

09-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
But the cost of the K/Q adapter is fairly high @sterling pounds 249.99. The compatible version in Ebay at most ranges from $30 to $50.
09-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm in for the K to Q adapter and the 06 zoom.

Both of these should have been available at the original Q launch. The comparative size of the zoom vs the equivalent FOVs for any of the other formats would have quickly separated the Q from other MILCs from a system size standpoint.

The existence of the K-Q adapter would have forced the original professional reviewers to see the potential of the Q concept when used with adapted lenses, especially very fast glass, tele and macro.

Better late than never though. . .

Scott
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
But the cost of the K/Q adapter is fairly high @sterling pounds 249.99. The compatible version in Ebay at most ranges from $30 to $50.
It's listed at Adorama for $249 now. 249 in pounds sound a bit much.

Pentax Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses

09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #8

I start saving now, buying it around christmas!
A shame they didn't make the standard zoom 2.8 too...
09-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
According to Pentax UK the lens has 2 low dispersion glass elements and 1 super low dispersion. The dot after 15mm is to retract the lens for storage! Cool. Can't wait for this beauty.
Hi barondla,

I'm not seeing the retracting feature, but of course, the pics I've seen so far have shown it in the "dot" position. I guess it extends more for actual shooting. I'm in -- I'll be calling my "local" B&M Pentax shop to see if they're taking pre-orders. . .

Scott

Edit: -- Just called my dealer, and they assure me that they will be ordering the lens and adapter as soon as they are made available to them, and they will contact me. I also asked them to inquire about the optional tripod foot as to price and availability. For my use, I'm hoping that one of my current tripod rings will work with the adapter -- there looks to be enough flat area to mount one easily if the diameter is anywhere close to the ones I have or can get. The assumption is that the OEM foot will not rotate, and that would limit its usefulness for me since I like to use a Wimberley Sidekick which would place the camera permanently in portrait orientation for me unless I work out some kind of L bracket.

Last edited by snostorm; 09-11-2012 at 12:38 PM.
09-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had wondered what that other position was past 15mm but that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

09-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Pentax.co.uk website shows lens in extended postion. The inner black part extends about 1/2 to 1 inch at 15mm. They also talk about the extra quality glass. I wonder if the filter size is still 40.5 and what the close focus distance is? I was hoping the dot was a macro setting.

Snostorm, you know Pentax better than that. The Q to PK adapter's tripod mount is optional. Pentax didn't say they had startd designing it yet. That will be another year. Lol.
thanks
barondla
Hope I am wrong about that last point.

Last edited by barondla; 09-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.
09-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
Veteran Member

The Pentax.co.uk website shows lens in extended postion. The inner black part extends about 1/2 to 1 inch at 15mm. They also talk about the extra quality glass. I wonder if the filter size is still 40.5 and what the close focus distance is? I was hoping the dot was a macro setting.

Snostorm, you know Pentax better than that. The Q to PK adapter's tripod mount is optional. Pentax didn't say they had startd designing it yet. That will be another year. Lol.
thanks
barondla
I am consistently impressed with the Pentax UK webpage. Pentax USA has improved, after the mess of the K-01 launch anything resembling a pulse would have been significant improvement, but it's still nowhere near the quality and depth of information you get on the UK site.

I love the photo of the K-30 with "K-30" written in water! I had not seen it elsewhere.

The pic of the 06 extended is below too.
Attached Images

09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

06 TELEPHOTO ZOOM - Q-mount - PENTAX Photo

These pictures shows clearly that the lens mount is made of black plastic.......
09-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
06 TELEPHOTO ZOOM - Q-mount - PENTAX Photo

These pictures shows clearly that the lens mount is made of black plastic.......
First, maybe but not definitely.

Second, so what? We have no reported failures of plastic mounts in the heavier K mounts, so why would it matter in the much lighter Q mount lenses?
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I wonder if the filter size is still 40.5 and what the close focus distance is? I was hoping the dot was a macro setting.

Specs on the Pentax Imaging site say MFD is 1m, so no macro (too bad!) though tele macro for flowers and such will probably work nicely. The filter size is indeed 40.5mm, so all the lens caps will be interchangeable. I hope that JJC offers an OEM knock off hood right away. The filter size is good as I already have step up rings for it and the 06 zoom might be a good candidate for my achromatic close up filters. The 01 an 02 don't start off with enough magnification to make them good for anything smaller than butterflies and flowers.

Scott