Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-23-2012, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Q v K5 and the Moon with Pentax-A* 645 300mm F4

These three photos are not to see if the Q is better than the K5, but to use the K5 has yard stick and see how close the Q can match up. I like the results I thought I'd share.

You can see the results below and again the Q has left me grinning on how capable the little thing is. Naturally getting these shots with the K5 was far easier, for example the K5 was hand held and easy to do with the view finder. The Q I had to mount and hunt around for the moon (I don't have the attachment view finder) and the screen made it harder to focus (the lens used is manual focus), but as you can see not impossible. If I ever needed a backup camera for a job, I'd have no problem with the Q being that camera.

All two photos are taken at the same time with the same Pentax-A* 645 300mm F4 lens.

1/3 - Taken with the K5 and is 100% crop.

2/2 - Take with the Q, no cropping.

3/3 This is the same photo from 2/2 using the same cropping as 1/3.

1/3 - K5

2/3 - Q

3/3 - Q Cropped

09-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shows what the Q is capable of. Good comparison vs K5. This reminds me that The 6X7 165 2.8 needs to take a turn on the Q.

Can't understand why any ultra tele, macro, or wildlife enthusiast wouldn't have a Q or Q10 in the bag to augment the DSLR. The Q is just too useful to do without. And it is fun.
thanks
barondla
09-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Shows what the Q is capable of. Good comparison vs K5. This reminds me that The 6X7 165 2.8 needs to take a turn on the Q.

Can't understand why any ultra tele, macro, or wildlife enthusiast wouldn't have a Q or Q10 in the bag to augment the DSLR. The Q is just too useful to do without. And it is fun.
thanks
barondla
Thanks. I went to a Pentax Workshop at the beginning of the year and I walked away thinking it was an over priced toy. How wrong I was, but I think there are perceptions on what a small camera can achieve that people need to see past, and it doesn't help if they can't sell it at a Pentax Workshop (ill point out not run by Pentax).
09-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Did the q10 get focus peaking? That's what I was waiting for.

09-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Did the q10 get focus peaking? That's what I was waiting for.
I can't comment on the q10, I've only got the Q. Focus peaking would be good, but I'm not sure I'd use it myself.