Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the Q orientated report from Photokina.
Its good to know that they have added peaking in the Q10.

I'm optimistic that they will add this for the Q when they release the adapter for sale.

09-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Thanks for the Q orientated report from Photokina.
Its good to know that they have added peaking in the Q10.

I'm optimistic that they will add this for the Q when they release the adapter for sale.
Ya thats what I'm thinking too, before I jump and buy the Q10 (which the girl is wishing for) I'm going to wait and see if this is just a firmware upgrade which will be available to the Q and Q10. Which would than make the original Q still better than the new Q due to the metal body... Especially with the ricoh likes to upgrade old products to make them new unlike pentax comment, I'm guessing theres a firmware upgrade coming.
09-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #18

I would imagine that the Q will get a firmware update before the lens adapter is released & would expect any improvements included in the Q10 to be included, but I'm not so sure about Focus Peaking... This seems to be sensor dependent & the Q10 apparently has a new sensor from a new supplier...

I hope we get the improved auto focus and battery life
09-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
One more Q-related thing I forgot to mention.

I also visited the tiny SLR Magic stand in the "Chinese" hall. The staff was extremely helpful and they showed us all their products they had with them. I asked to see the 11/1.4 toy lens they make for Q-mount, but unfortunately they hadn't brought it. Overall I was impressed with the quality of their products though, which may certainly make me consider buying from them should they add another Q-lens to their offering (11mm is too close to the 8.5mm of the 01 prime for me).

Wim

09-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
One more Q-related thing I forgot to mention.

I also visited the tiny SLR Magic stand in the "Chinese" hall. The staff was extremely helpful and they showed us all their products they had with them. I asked to see the 11/1.4 toy lens they make for Q-mount, but unfortunately they hadn't brought it. Overall I was impressed with the quality of their products though, which may certainly make me consider buying from them should they add another Q-lens to their offering (11mm is too close to the 8.5mm of the 01 prime for me).

Wim
I would highly doubt that they would make anymore Q mount lenses, I think I'm the only person in all of flickr and the internet to post shots with that lens besides SLR Magic themselves. Which means I think I'm like one of three people who actually bought the lens, it was really nice though, a high quality C mount lens really, mine broke I dropped it and the aperture blades fell apart...
09-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bluefoam Quote
This seems to be sensor dependent & the Q10 apparently has a new sensor from a new supplier...

I hope we get the improved auto focus and battery life
I too thought focus peaking was sensor dependent but later found out sony had implemented focus peaking in cameras through firmware updates when they finally started introducing focus peaking...
09-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #22
Site Supporter

There are 3rd party monitors that have focus peaking on their units. Must not have much, if anything, to do with the sensor. Unless it is linked with the the camera's ability to output liveview video while shooting.
thanks
barondla