Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #1

CS -> Q mount adapter?

So I ended up buying some CS lenses because of an idiot eBay seller (yeah I'm sure I'm not the first) but I actually am wondering, does anyone make a CS adapter for the Q? All I seem to find is adapters to mount a C lens to a CS camera.

If I didn't have a day job, maybe I'd start a kickstarter for one.

09-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #2

I would think it would be simpler to just get a C mount adapter and then bring it to a machine shot to have the front milled down. C mount has a 17.526mm flange distance, CS is 12.5mm. If you mill 5.026mm off the face of a C mount adapter it should work fine for a CS lens. That is assuming a C to Q mount adapter has enough material to be milled that amount and that there wouldn't be a clearance issue inside the camera.

Shawn

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cs, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7