Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where are the best Q prices with a lens ?

I've been looking into this diminutive camera for some time, along with trying to decide what to buy for a compact and easily carriable package during my outings with the K5 + DA*300/4.
I need a lens that would cover "scenery", with decent IQ, so I don't even know what I should be looking into.

Where are the best deals for the Q with a decent lens ?
I thought the prices are still quite steep !

If I ever get this camera, I am going to get the adapter (later?) so I can use some of my other lenses (K-mount) ... although this is really a thought of the moment thing, I am considering vs. the Panasonics, Sony's, etc. out there.

Should I also investigate pricing for the Q10 ?

Thanks.

JP

09-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #2

I just bought mine with the 01 prime from Amazon warehouse deals for $300.96 in what they called like new condition. Other than finger prints on the LCD it looked unused. The warehouse deals pricing jumps all over the place. They had several at good or very good condition for $290, they have one left at that price and 2 more at $337.

For a new one between Amazon, B&H and Adorama the price with the 01 prime bounces around from about $375 to $400.

Shawn
09-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Aww, go ahead and take the plunge. You will not regret it. Even just the simple kit with the prime is great. I have lots of other options, and I love using them, but I spend most of the time walking around with just the 01 Prime attached to the camera. It is such a small and handy combo that it is great. I think that if I could get a 28mm or 35mm equivalent prime for it I would likely pack that one around all the time as well. Face it, most of these lenses will easily ride around in your pants pocket if you wear Docker style pants. Heck, the camera and prime fit into the front pocket of some of my shirts.
10-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shawn67 Quote
I just bought mine with the 01 prime from Amazon warehouse deals for $300.96 in what they called like new condition. Other than finger prints on the LCD it looked unused. The warehouse deals pricing jumps all over the place. They had several at good or very good condition for $290, they have one left at that price and 2 more at $337.

For a new one between Amazon, B&H and Adorama the price with the 01 prime bounces around from about $375 to $400.

Shawn
I am checking this out at the moment ... I have to be careful with ordering from the USA : we then get nailed for taxes, not that I wouldn't be paying any here though.
But the prices from US outfits is generally lower than what is offered in Canada.

Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Aww, go ahead and take the plunge. You will not regret it. Even just the simple kit with the prime is great. I have lots of other options, and I love using them, but I spend most of the time walking around with just the 01 Prime attached to the camera. It is such a small and handy combo that it is great. I think that if I could get a 28mm or 35mm equivalent prime for it I would likely pack that one around all the time as well. Face it, most of these lenses will easily ride around in your pants pocket if you wear Docker style pants. Heck, the camera and prime fit into the front pocket of some of my shirts.
Looks like a good deal with this small camera/lens combo. Very small indeed.
What is the 01 Prime equivalence?

JP

10-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I am checking this out at the moment ... I have to be careful with ordering from the USA : we then get nailed for taxes, not that I wouldn't be paying any here though.
But the prices from US outfits is generally lower than what is offered in Canada.
Just FYI

I just bought online (and received) mine from BCCamera for 367$ tx and shipping included. Sales tax is 5% in BC compared to 15% in Quebec...Plus you don't have to worry about warranty services, 2 years in Canada.

Angela from their store provides excellent service.

Marc-Antoine
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
Just FYI

I just bought online (and received) mine from BCCamera for 367$ tx and shipping included. Sales tax is 5% in BC compared to 15% in Quebec...Plus you don't have to worry about warranty services, 2 years in Canada.

Marc-Antoine
Woah !! That is one great deal!
Is this with the lens or body only?
If it is with the lens, I am going to investigate that right away.

Thanks!

JP

P.S.: Just tried their website: connection problems at the moment with them.
10-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is the kit with the Prime lense. Their name is Broadway Camera. Try them at bccamera dot com.

Henrys dot com also has it at 399 delivered and they have a store in Ottawa...
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Looks like a good deal with this small camera/lens combo. Very small indeed.
What is the 01 Prime equivalence?
JP
It is equivalent to a 50mm normal prime, actually 47mm, but still so close you cannot tell the difference.

10-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just FYI

Tax is 12% in BC.

Prodigital will match BCC/Broadway Camera...

NEW Pentax Q 12.4MP White Digital SLR Camera w/8.5mm Standard Lens | eBay
10-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
12% in BC.

Prodigital will match BCC/Broadway Camera...
JHD Thanks for the info. Could it be that only GST applies when buying from another province?
10-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
JHD Thanks for the info. Could it be that only GST applies when buying from another province?
Alberta is the only province without a provincial sales tax or HST. Most online retailers will charge the going tax rate of where the commodity is being shipped.
10-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #12

I just ordered mine from Henry's for $379.99 with free shipping. Just couldn't resist any longer at that price.
They are great with returns as well if you are worried about ordering from a retailer you aren't familiar with.
10-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You won't regret it! I just love it!
10-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, that all seems very good.

Thanks to all for the info.

Cheers!

JP
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I too love the Q and have the 01,02 Leses and a Camdiox C mount CCTV 25 F1.4 lensto fool around with too.