Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
How about a tilt/shift adapter for the Q?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Small sensor, short flange distance, seems like the perfect camera to have a K to Q tilt/shift adapter, no?

10-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It can already be hitched together if you can find a Q to m4/3 adapter. Hook this to the Lensbaby TiltTransformer (maybe discontinued). The TT only fits mirrorless. It moves on a huge ball. Unlike a normal Lensbaby there are no optics. You must supply a Nikon lens of your choice. Tilt n shift with sharp optics. I have all of this except a Q to m4/3 adapter. Hmmm.

LB also makes an 80mm flat field lens for their Composer that would do the same thing. 80mm is not a great focal length on the Q.
thanks
barondla
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
SF1

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nater Quote
Small sensor, short flange distance, seems like the perfect camera to have a K to Q tilt/shift adapter, no?
Received a reply from KIPON today - porduct-Camera adapters > tilt adapters-KIPON adapter -- and they said they will immediately look into making a q to K tilt adapter! I don't think it would hurt if other people interested in having such an adapter also email the company to let them know that they are interested in buying one too. Hopefully they will make one with aperture control.
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SF1 Quote
Received a reply from KIPON today - porduct-Camera adapters > tilt adapters-KIPON adapter -- and they said they will immediately look into making a q to K tilt adapter! I don't think it would hurt if other people interested in having such an adapter also email the company to let them know that they are interested in buying one too. Hopefully they will make one with aperture control.
Emailed them as well.

01-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Two weeks ago Kipon released their first tilt and shift adapters: for Nikon F mount and µ4/3 / Canon EOS-M / Fujifilm X-Pro1/X-E1 / Sony NEX bodies.

Last edited by Mistral75; 01-04-2013 at 05:54 AM.
01-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Two weeks ago Kipon released their first tilt and shift adapters: for Nikon F mount and µ4/3 / Canon EOS-M / Fujifilm X-Pro1/X-E1 / Sony NEX bodies.
Argh, I want this in K-mount! I'm not as interested in this for the Q; I can't think of all that many T/S applications with long (effective) focal lengths.
01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Argh, I want this in K-mount! I'm not as interested in this for the Q; I can't think of all that many T/S applications with long (effective) focal lengths.
It exists too but you will need Carl Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad V.

US$450, free shipping, on eBay.

01-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It exists too but you will need Carl Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad V.

US$450, free shipping, on eBay.
Interesting. Actually could be a reasonable way to get a 50mm T/S lens on K-mount.
01-10-2013, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #9

f1.4/25mm DIY Tilt'n Shift lens on Q

The cheapest solution is here:
I broke the common f1.4/25mm US$15 C-mount by fixing it. I was trying to adjust the f-stop readout to my adapter
by loosening the one screw on the focus ring. NOTE: Do not try this unless you want to build something of the resulting parts...
After "fixing" it, my lens was in two parts:
Optics and iris in the front part and the focusing mechanism [so called - it's an empty hole with grease, more or less]
in the lower piece with the actual c-mount thread.

The lower piece may be used for whatever optics parts you've got lying around and want to try through the c-mount adapter.
Mount the optics part to the adapter with a piece of bicycle inner tube - if you do it right you can still use the f-stop ring on the lens
(but normally the weirdest results comes with full aperture). If not - easy to change!
Focusing is done by pushing and pulling on the lens. The tilt'n shift is done by bending the assembly horizontally and/or vertically.

Below first two pics: What this beast looks like (sorry it's all dusty...)
Below last four pics: Some results from the first trial session

First picture with my new lens: [Tone Expansion] on front dial, 1/40th sec, f1.4, ISO400.
Note the weird vertical focus plane you get from bending tube sideways!

[Tone Expansion] on front dial, 0.4 sec at ISO400.

A couple close-ups of potted plants.
This is what I get when I don't push the lens inwards for infinity focus.

[Tone Expansion] on front dial, f1.4 and 1/30th sec at ISO400.

[Tone Expansion] on front dial, f1.4 and 1/50th sec at ISO400.

Total cost:
Broken lens US$ 0:- / Bicycle inner tube US$ 0:- (same story as with the lens for me - I tried to fix it.... Alternately if you are not as clumsy as I -
get a free discarded tube from your local bicycle store) / Adapter to Q US$ 0:- (you already have it!)
You just can't beat that price....thanks/Erik

Last edited by Erich_H; 05-21-2014 at 01:48 PM.
09-10-2013, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #10
SF1

Just ordered Kipon's newly released Pentax Q to K tilt adapter on ebay. Pretty cool. Will attach photos when I've tried it out.
Attached Images

09-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great find SF1. Interested in your thoughts after shooting it. As with all things Q it will be FUN. Enjoy, and please post some images.
thanks
barondla
09-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. $180 is a bit more than I was hoping it would be, but it appears to be well made.
09-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Just ordered Kipon's newly released Pentax Q to K tilt adapter on ebay. Pretty cool. Will attach photos when I've tried it out.
Wow! They really listen, don't they? Amazing...
05-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #14

Kipon tilt/shift Pentax PK to Pentax Q adapter

Hi!
Just wanted to ask if you're pleased with your Kipon-adapter?
I'm looking at a different Kipon, which seems to be tilt/shift:

Kipon shaft pentax pk lens pentax q series single fuselage tilt p k p q ring on Aliexpress.com

Their English is a little hard to understand....

Thanks/Erik

Last edited by Erich_H; 05-21-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Me wrong - make right...
05-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I don't think it's different, just different pictures of it. Here's the ebay listing:

New Version Kipon Tilt Adapter for Pentax K PK Mount Lens to Pentax Q PQ Camera | eBay