Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #1

would sir like his camera in blue and orange...

... or mustard and purple?

Are they actually selling these colours in Japan? I though red was pushing it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yIdzU64ABE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

10-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Only if they have navy blue. Carolina blue doesn't get it done.
10-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure on the current K30 but on the Kr and Kx Pentax Japan had a custom order option on their web site. Essentially design your own then wait for it. they weren't piling them on shelves in oddball combos

A quick look shows a large number of colour combos in the Pentax JP shop for the K30 though

PENTAX ????????/?????????/K-30 | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

looks like 9 silky colour offers and 9 crystal (glossy) options to me

not as insane as the old custom offering which apparently ended last december on the Kr 12 body and 10 grip colours

Edit and of course there was Robocam which sold out fast in a limited edition (I wanted one of these)

10-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Not sure on the current K30 but on the Kr and Kx Pentax Japan had a custom order option on their web site. Essentially design your own then wait for it. they weren't piling them on shelves in oddball combos

A quick look shows a large number of colour combos in the Pentax JP shop for the K30 though

PENTAX ????????/?????????/K-30 | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

looks like 9 silky colour offers and 9 crystal (glossy) options to me

not as insane as the old custom offering which apparently ended last december on the Kr 12 body and 10 grip colours

Edit and of course there was Robocam which sold out fast in a limited edition (I wanted one of these)
You could have stored your pics in a Korejanai too.

10-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You could have stored your pics in a Korejanai too.
the perfect companion piece

I actually was shooting a fair number of musician interviews for a friend's magazine when that came out and thought it would be a killer icebreaker, Sometimes when someone has been on the road for a while they are a tough nut to crack, and humour helps. hell it was a decent enough camera for the purpose.
10-07-2012, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

That would be a great camera for shooting kids. They'd love it and likely wouldn't be afraid of it.
10-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #7

awesome. this'll do a lot to increase the Q system's popularity overseas. too bad these don't come stateside. maybe they'd be a success here too!

?PENTAX Q10??????????????????????? | tizu.diary
10-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #8

colors

I find something appealing about the gold+brown scheme: http://www.amazon.co.jp/Q10-BODY-GL-BR-065/dp/B0099JF026/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_5

Actually I would really like to have some of the crazy colors in the US. I think it contributes to the overall 'quirkiness' of the Q and a very 'toy' looking camera is very easy to approach people with. I'm waiting for the Q10 to start shipping so I can pickup a used Q at a great price, but if I had more customization options I might just opt for the Q10 (although only if I could get it with the 01 prime).