Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #1

What color Q10?

I am frustrated with Pentax and the decision to only distribute the Q10 in the RED and Silver colors. They are only bringing in kits with the 02 zoom as well.

So I discovered that in Japan, the Q10 is available in BLACK, RED, or Silver as a Body ONLY.

????.com - pentax Q10????? | ???????????????????????

If I was going to have a Q10 shipped by an expeditor to me then I wondered if I should order a custom Q10. (I found 02 lens kits, double lens, and body only custom kits)

So I ask the Pentax Forum, which color combination not distributed in the USA is the most attractive to an Adult American Male? Note that I have chosen colors that I think are subdued.

There are 13 pages of different color combinations!

Please share your preferences:

Matte Black/Black

Metal Navy/Black

Sand Beige/Black

Olive Green/Black

Silver/Brown

Attached Images

10-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the brown and silver combo.

Cheers,
Cameron
10-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Black and blue looks nice, but my favorite is still the red!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
I like the brown and silver combo.
+1 to this, although I'm not an adult American.

10-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Black and blue looks nice, but my favorite is still the red!
My spouse likes the Blue. I almost like the Green or Beige better, but they look more plastic. The RED is too glossy in the pictures. Too bad they did not use a metalic RED paint. I think the Blue is a metallic paint.
10-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
+1 to this, although I'm not an adult American.

I am not trying to exclude non-Americans, but it is thought that Pentax USA is marketing to the youth market. The two colors planned for distribution in the US are RED and SILVER.

I am trying to stimulate a discussion with the premis that Pentas USA has miscalculated color preferences in the US market with their selection of Q10 cameras to distribute.

There is nothing wrong with RED or Silver, but how can they not give the choice of BLACK.
10-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I like the brown and Silver also, but they have more nice colors.

They also only selling kits with 02 zoom or dual-kit with 02 and 06 zooms overhere. Wich is a shame since I really didn't like the 02-zoomlens.
10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #8

I'd love an all black one.I think the red we're getting is too "Look at me" for me...

10-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I think there are quite a few attractive color combinations, and would buy a colored Q successor if they become available.

I'd like to see them come up with a way that any color combination could be ordered through the regional distributor. Give us an accurate lead time and additional cost for Air Freight and special handling -- they can reserve the right to establish a cut off date for the offer further down the road as the life cycle of the model nears its end. They could either specify that this order must be placed directly through Pentax Imaging USA, or through specified retail outlets. Given that information, it should be easy to make the decision whether or not to get a unique camera body.

Scott
10-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Pentaxian

If you're sending all the way to Japan for it, I'd get the Silver and Brown, definitely.

You can get your basic black with the 02+06 lens kit from Canada... should be ~$800 from ProDigital2000 in a few days.
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
Site Supporter

I like the silver brown. It has a classic retro look. The green and black comes in a close second. Though, I have seen a picture of a green and brown that I would like even more.
10-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #13

Original Poster
Inspiration

QuoteOriginally posted by sundr Quote
I like the silver brown. It has a classic retro look. The green and black comes in a close second. Though, I have seen a picture of a green and brown that I would like even more.
Attached is an image of a recently refurbished Leica M3 in Olive paint to match the classic military Leicas.

Currently for sale at: http://japancamerahunter.com/current-sale-items/

Inspiration for the Olive Green Q10?
Attached Images

10-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
Forum Member

Im thinking of a trip to Japan so I can get the color I want, just don't know what color that is yet dam A.D.D makes it so hard just to pick one lol.
Attached Images

10-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
JPT
Pentaxian

Colour simulator.
Q10???????????Q10?PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

In fact, the whole product page has been updated since I last looked.
Q10?PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

It looks like they're going to use the same celebrity in their advertising as they did with the K-30.

For anyone thinking of buying one on a trip to Japan, you'd have to order and pick it up a couple of weeks later, unless you wanted the stock colours. That's how it worked with the K-30.