Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Got mine for $285 on eBay with the Prime brand new and that was a few days before the price drop. Just shelled out $450 for the K-01 so I wasn't looking to spend more than $300. So glad I bit the bullet at the price point I was comfortable with because the Q is the most fun I've ever had with a camera.
Thanks for that info. I am usually a bit leery buying cameras on eBay because I don't want a gray market unit, but I will take a look.

11-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #137
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Ok, so it appears that I am "out voted" for the charger/batteries. What about the $255 for the prime lens? I bought the zoom kit. So I would be spending $299 if I had went the prime route as I would have wanted the "other" lens.

Admit it folks. There is a crazy logic in buying a SECOND Q.

Buy the 2nd Q, sell the body, get the Prime 01 for very little. PITA but it works.
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #138

Spare battery = $25 -25
Charger = $40

Check ebay. Spare batteries are $2.99 delivered and you can get a battery with a charger for $6.99 delivered or $8.78 for a charger and two batteries. I bought 3 of the $2.99 batteries and they seem fine so far.

Shawn
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #139
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Thanks for that info. I am usually a bit leery buying cameras on eBay because I don't want a gray market unit, but I will take a look.
Stan,

You will not regret getting the Q. It is outstanding in so many ways. I'm just getting a handle on the options via the front knob. The monochrome option has so many layers and can totally take me back to learning on SLRs in the 1970s with cheap B&W film and developing our own in the lab we built in the basement of the school. I'm enjoying the 8.5/1.9 a lot too. If you do go with that lens remember that for the Q there are firmware updates for BOTH the camera and the 01 and 02 lenses.

11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Admit it folks. There is a crazy logic in buying a SECOND Q.
I get it. I've been considering buying a second Q to put away and keep in case anything ever happens to this one.

I think this version's perfect little mag body design and construction will not be outdone for a while, as the Q10 has already shown.
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #141

but have my goal of getting a $299 shipped deal.
B&H has a used one for $249 right now. Also, keep an eye on Amazon. They had new ones for $307 last week and their open box warehouse deals pricing changes nearly daily.

Shawn
11-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
If you do go with that lens remember that for the Q there are firmware updates for BOTH the camera and the 01 and 02 lenses.
Thanks for this info! Had no idea that there was an update for the prime. Had only updated the camera itself. Just got done doing the lens now. Got to love that support!

11-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #143
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks for this info! Had no idea that there was an update for the prime. Had only updated the camera itself. Just got done doing the lens now. Got to love that support!
You're welcome. I found it when downloading the v1.10 firmware for the Q. In retrospect I seem to recall reading about it here at some time in the past but did not remember, just stumbled on it.
11-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Stan,

You will not regret getting the Q. It is outstanding in so many ways. I'm just getting a handle on the options via the front knob. The monochrome option has so many layers and can totally take me back to learning on SLRs in the 1970s with cheap B&W film and developing our own in the lab we built in the basement of the school. I'm enjoying the 8.5/1.9 a lot too. If you do go with that lens remember that for the Q there are firmware updates for BOTH the camera and the 01 and 02 lenses.
Well now you've added another layer of interest for me. I shot nothing but B&W from the time I was 10 years old up into my 20's developing my own film and prints at home in our makeshift darkroom. Since now into the digital thing, I haven't shot one frame in B&W........
11-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #145
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well now you've added another layer of interest for me. I shot nothing but B&W from the time I was 10 years old up into my 20's developing my own film and prints at home in our makeshift darkroom. Since now into the digital thing, I haven't shot one frame in B&W........
Same here. I hadn't shot B&W in 20+ years, even though our dSLRs can do it. That little knob on the front of the Q makes it SO easy. I've been playing around with different combinations in the B&W range all day (home sick today) and it's just amazing.
11-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crewl1, can't believe you haven't added a second Q yet. Still waiting for my white Q/ 02 zoom kit to arrive. I can justify it. Have two of the original Pentax A110's with 3 lens kits.

Stormtech, what are you thinking? You are going to mess around and miss the Q, if not careful. Look at how many people have bought one lately. Any ready to send them back? Not a chance. Move man move!
thanks
barondla
11-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heh heh. I still have the fisheye lens and the oem adapter I want to get.
I already have 2 k-5s that I'm trying to work into the rotation.
I'll probably pick up a lightly used Q locally, as they pop up pretty regular.
11-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Crewl1, can't believe you haven't added a second Q yet. Still waiting for my white Q/ 02 zoom kit to arrive. I can justify it. Have two of the original Pentax A110's with 3 lens kits.

Stormtech, what are you thinking? You are going to mess around and miss the Q, if not careful. Look at how many people have bought one lately. Any ready to send them back? Not a chance. Move man move!
thanks
barondla
Barondla, which percentage do you get each time you convince someone to buy a Q ?

You are one of the best Q seller out there
11-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He gets advance access to Q products, as evidenced by the adapter he now has that no one else can get.
11-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #150
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
He gets advance access to Q products, as evidenced by the adapter he now has that no one else can get.
Think it's really Ned in disguise?