Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

One of the main reasons for getting the Q was that I could keep the whole kit in my pockets, at other times I use one similar to these

KAISER 6742 NEOPRENE SHOULDER/NECK STRAP SINGLE POINT CONNECTION COMPACT CAMERAS | eBay

Carried around my neck, but can be detached quickly when used on a tripod etc.

11-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
leather wrist strap

I'm using a wrist strap from Footprint Straps in England. very high quality bridle leather - construction is superb and the cost is very reasonable - about US$30 including shipping. the connecting cord is thicker than most and appears to be more than adequate for the job. The strap will likely break in over time, but as you know, leather can be a little stiff at first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/cliveatoak/m.html?item=171042670445&pt=UK_Photograph...p2047675.l2562

I also like Crumpler's wrist strap, although I do not own one yet - I was thinking of it for my K5, but I think it would be great on the Q as well - and it's only $20

Noose

Last edited by emergo; 07-21-2014 at 04:37 PM.
11-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
I'm using a wrist strap from Footprint Straps in England. very high quality bridle leather - construction is superb and the cost is very reasonable - about US$30 including shipping. the connecting cord is thicker than most and appears to be more than adequate for the job. The strap will likely break in over time, but as you know, leather can be a little stiff at first.

Camera Wrist Strap Leather Fits Fuji X100 Leica M Sony Panasonic Nikon Canon | eBay

I also like Crumpler's wrist strap, although I do not own one yet - I was thinking of it for my K5, but I think it would be great on the Q as well - and it's only $20

Noose
The Noose also has the advantage of having a pocket for an SD card.
11-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The Noose also has the advantage of having a pocket for an SD card.
Do you have one? If so can a spare battery fit in that pocket instead?

Shawn

11-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shawn67 Quote
Do you have one? If so can a spare battery fit in that pocket instead?

Shawn
No, I went to the site and looked at it because I am trying to decide on a strap for my Q.

Here is the photo of it:
11-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery
I've handled the Noose strap, and it seems really great. better than most neoprene straps, since the neoprene is used for padding, stitched to the nylon webbing. very comfortable. had I not already ordered my Footprint strap, I would have bought it on the spot. it comes in red and black as well...