Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #1

eye-fi / sandisk eye-fi sd card with Q

hi everyone,

using this little camera more and more i thought transferring images on the fly to tablets/iphones could be cool making instantly sharing images so easy: anyone tried these solutions? any advice on that?

my biggest concern would be battery life on Q: are these card "always on" or can be turned off by menu?

thank you for support you all are contributing in the forum

11-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Forum Member

Hi
The Card You want is probably the new Transcend SDHC 16 or 32 GB WIFI Card.It should be in Stores very soon.As for battery life,
dont know you need extras with the Q anyway.Try ebay or search the threads here.1300ma x2,plus wallcharger for around 10.00 is
common.

Good Luck
11-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips, I read somewhere that also Toshiba is selling a SD card with built in wifi access but I was asking if someone was using the original eye-fi in direct mode, because on their site the Q is listed ad partially compatibile with no in-camera settings for switching on-off the network....
Of course I've got some spare batteries, always handy, but how much it will affect battery life?? No direct experience?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2
11-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Forum Member

Sorry, can't help with batt. life question as i never used a WIFI card and was not interested at all
until i read about this new one.All others seem to be only Class 6.Eye-Fi "supposedly upggraded"
the Pro X2 to Class 10,but it's only 16GB plus it costs more.Just my take on WIFI cards.

Best Regards

11-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #5

Eyefi works great in the Q, its plenty fast. Battery life is shortened; I have no scientific testing to back this up, but my Q drops from about 150 shots per battery to around or under 100. You can "tune" the off time of the wifi function, which might help. Generally I loved having the functionality and didnt worry about the battery.

There is a catch, though: the Q picks up "chirping" sounds when filming with an eyefi. I posted a link to a video demonstrating this earlier on this board. If you shoot video, I'd stay away.
11-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #6

Original Poster
So it is full supported, very good to know.
As for the video noise no problem here, but thanks for sharing .
Can you tell me if there is an in camera WiFi on/off toggle on Q?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2