Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Update took <30 seconds as I recall. I was amazed because it was much faster than the K-x, K-r, or K-5 updates.

11-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Update shouldn't take that long, and I'd like to think the camera is smart enough not to shut itself off anyway. As an example, when I loaded in the 1.01 update, the camera told me I had to recharge the battery first because there wasn't enough power.

My order was: 1.10 update (several days ago). Then tonight I did the 01 and 02 updates (appropriate lens mounted each time). Then I discovered SR was disabled. I re-did the 1.10 update and now all seems fine.
I downloaded in the same 'wrong' order. 1.1, then 1.01 for the 01 standard, but am having no problems with SR. At least the SR indicator symbol is on.
11-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
ALL UPDATED : my update:

So, finally I have everything set up with the latest firmware(s) for the Q, 01 and 02 lenses.
No glitch during the process and I even tried the "peaking" in manual mode ... strange what it does -- almost makes me dizzy! But it does help for sure.

Anyway, there is one thing I have noticed, and this may only be a matter of "being me" or it is a normal behavior:

The screen (monitor) goes "fuzzy" for a very short moment while I half-press the shutter button, almost like you'd have interference in the monitor. It is more apparent when focusing in darker lighting conditions.
This "fuzz" or "interference" in the monitor then goes away once the focus is achieved.
I don't think I had seen this before the update or, as I said earlier, it could be a normal thing and went never noticed.

Has anyone encounter this?

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 11-22-2012 at 02:20 PM.
11-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
It's for the K-series DSLRs. If you activate Auto Exposure Bracketing in M Mode, by default the camera will change the aperture to get each exposure step, but I wanted it to change the shutter speed (and this was for multi-directional panoramas, so using Av mode would have screwed things up with metering).

Many years ago drougge pointed out that changing the Green Button function in M mode to be Tv shift (instead of the default Program Line) also changes how the AEB works in that mode. Very strange that they are connected, but that's the secret sauce to HDR panos with Pentax.
Got it set.
thanks
barondla

11-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
ALL UPDATED : my update:

Anyway, there is one thing I have noticed, and this may only be a matter of "being me":

If I leave the "peaking" ON, and decide to switch to Av, the screen (monitor) starts showing a "fuzz" while I half-press the shutter button, almost like you'd have interference in the monitor. Once I turn the peaking off, it is all back to normal.

Has anyone encounter this?

JP
Yes, the screen gets the "twinkies". Scared a friend when it happened on their camera. Must be clipping the circuit or something.
thanks
barondla
Enjoy the Q!
11-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Yes, the screen gets the "twinkies". Scared a friend when it happened on their camera. Must be clipping the circuit or something.
thanks
barondla
Enjoy the Q!
Yes ... "twinkies" !!

It did scare me though ... first time I really encounter this ... or never noticed it before.
Does it matter whether you leave the "peaking" ON in the settings if you just switch from manual to AUTO or any sort?

Thanks!!
11-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't think the mode or how you change it matters. If FP is on you get the twinkies.
thanks
barondla