5-15mm Interchangeable Zoom Lens
Lowepro Camera Case
8GB SD memory card
USB Cable
Li-Ion Battery
Battery Charger
Strap
Software CD-ROM

Including shipping for $349.99 The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 5 business days from the time of order.

Pentax Q Zoom Compact System Camera Bundle White

Hans

11-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lots of Q activity. This one is $50 more than the Groupon and Target Deals but it includes a LowePro case and Kingston SD card. They do also have a separate listing for the Black body as well:
Pentax Q Zoom Compact System Camera Bundle Black
11-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just in time for the Xmas shoppers!

Is Pentax finally getting it's marketing in gear now that Ricoh is running the ship?

Pat
11-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Just in time for the Xmas shoppers!

Is Pentax finally getting it's marketing in gear now that Ricoh is running the ship?

Pat
Let's see -
1) New, and well done, print ads - Check.
2) Lower prices on entry level gear - Check.
3) More diversity of online outlets (e.g., Target, Groupon, etc.) - Check.
4) Incredibly improved trade show presence - Check.
5) More reasonable release prices on Camera Bodies (e.g., 1200ish for the K-5II vs $1700ish for the K-5) - Check.
6) Reestablishment of key industry relationships for a sustained lens mount (e.g., Tamron) - Check.
7) No more blogs by the head man about another brand of camera - Check.
8) Positive buzz about the brand in cutting edge outlets and reviews - Check.

Yes, I think they are finally getting their marketing shop in some kind of shape.

11-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
ugh, I was interested in the Q with the 8.5mm, but with the zoom? Not at all.
11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #6

Q with the 8.5mm was selling for AUD$190 here from a major camera retailer last week. needless to say they didn't last long, and i am the proud owner of one now
11-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by imaspy Quote
Q with the 8.5mm was selling for AUD$190 here from a major camera retailer last week. needless to say they didn't last long, and i am the proud owner of one now
Congratulations. When I checked earlier the Q+8.5 was alive and well here in the us but at $299.
11-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by imaspy Quote
It was really a crazy deal. Congrats man!

11-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Let's see -
1) New, and well done, print ads - Check.
2) Lower prices on entry level gear - Check.
3) More diversity of online outlets (e.g., Target, Groupon, etc.) - Check.
4) Incredibly improved trade show presence - Check.
5) More reasonable release prices on Camera Bodies (e.g., 1200ish for the K-5II vs $1700ish for the K-5) - Check.
6) Reestablishment of key industry relationships for a sustained lens mount (e.g., Tamron) - Check.
7) No more blogs by the head man about another brand of camera - Check.
8) Positive buzz about the brand in cutting edge outlets and reviews - Check.

Yes, I think they are finally getting their marketing shop in some kind of shape.
There was one other instance - Pentax engaged a top tier marketing firm to find several folks in each of about 10 large cities to demonstrate Pentax camera gear in some selected Brick and Mortar Retail locations between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

11-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
There was one other instance - Pentax engaged a top tier marketing firm to find several folks in each of about 10 large cities to demonstrate Pentax camera gear in some selected Brick and Mortar Retail locations between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Ah, good one - I had forgotten that one. Yes, they are doing some really good things to move Pentax forward.
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #11

Hello everyone, just got mine delivered from costco today. The bag is small, I use it for my Olympus EPL2. I picked it up just to get the extra body. I thought it was a good deal. The zoom seems somewhat soft, but I have just been shooting in the house. I think it is on par with a typical DSLR Kit lens. It definitely is not as good as the prime. I am storing the body for the future. I have all the lenses except number 6. I really enjoy this camera. I don't have much time for shooting pictures and this camera fits the bill for me; I don't have to deal so much with photoshop, the camera is fun and easy to use.
11-21-2012, 04:51 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by navaja Quote
Hello everyone, just got mine delivered from costco today. The bag is small, I use it for my Olympus EPL2. I picked it up just to get the extra body. I thought it was a good deal. The zoom seems somewhat soft, but I have just been shooting in the house. I think it is on par with a typical DSLR Kit lens. It definitely is not as good as the prime. I am storing the body for the future. I have all the lenses except number 6. I really enjoy this camera. I don't have much time for shooting pictures and this camera fits the bill for me; I don't have to deal so much with photoshop, the camera is fun and easy to use.
You may have a bad zoom. Check it in good light--if its a good copy, it should be just about as sharp as the 01 with just a tiny bit less contrast. I have 2 copies of the zoom--one good, one mediocre :/
11-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #13

FYI,
Price just went down to 299.99

That is another 50.00 off.

Valid 11/22/12 through 11/30/12. While supplies last.
Online Price$349.99
Less-$50.00
Your Price$299.99