Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

View Poll Results: 2nd Q for You?
I own 1 Q and the original lens 2629.89%
I own 1 Q and several lenses 3439.08%
I own 2 Qs with 01 & 02 lenses 1112.64%
I own 2 Qs with 01, 02 and other lens(es) 1112.64%
I have 1 Q and another is on the way 22.30%
I own a Q and a Q10 (I like diversity)   00%
I own 2 Qs but bought the 2nd to save on the Lens and will sell the 2nd body 55.75%
I plan to keep both Qs 1011.49%
My Qs are the same color 89.20%
My Qs are different colors 44.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
OK you "two Q" people - I am assuming that some of you bought a second Q for the accessories/battery - so what are you going to do with that second Q body?

While cruising the Q section here, I noticed that a member reported that the NP-10 battery from the Fuji X10 works in the Q, and it just so happens that I have one and a generic charger left over from some purchases/sales. I just had a brainstorm of sorts - I would like to buy a Q, and came very close a couple time now with the great prices, but would never use it is intended as a small walk around or pocket camera. My only interest would be to install the Q-K adapter so I can use my K-mount glass for some of that great long distance high magnification wildlife shooting. i am really struggling along with my 300mm prime since my wildlife around here is truly "wild" and can seldom get close enough to get a good shot. Plus the fact that because of physical limitations, I have now become a stationary tripod shooter.

So......if anyone has a second Q body that they don't know what to do with, shoot me a PM if you might want to sell it alone. I've been dying to try one with my FA*300 4.5 lens on the tripod to capture that pesky Kingfisher who has been eluding me for a couple years now!

12-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,311
I am in limbo. My B&M ordered some with the 02 zoom. Pentax doesn't have any yet (some things even they can't get). Afraid with the sales in Japan, my white one may never show. If not I will get a Q10 later.
thanks
barondla
12-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago suburb, IL, USA
Posts: 1,535
Another Q is tempting, especially at the prices they've been selling for -- Original Q w/ 02 zoom @ $349 -- that's essentially just $100 for the body!

More tempting for me was the special on the K-5 IIs and the Pentax K2Q adapter and 06 tele zoom. That should hold me over for some time. . .

I'll wait for the original Q flagship replacement, if it's in the cards, otherwise, I'll get a Q10 or it's replacement sometime in the future.

I'd pick up another original Q if they would work out the flash issues with another FW update.

Edit -- scratch all of this -- bought a white one from ShopNBC -- couldn't resist. . .

Can't change my vote, so this'll have to do.

Scott

Last edited by snostorm; 12-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.
12-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,088
I'm happy with my original Q + 01 lens. I'd like to have the 06 too. Though content for now, I'll be interested to see what the successor to the q10 is like in a few years.

12-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #20
Pentaxian
aleonx3's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,888
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
OK you "two Q" people - I am assuming that some of you bought a second Q for the accessories/battery - so what are you going to do with that second Q body?

While cruising the Q section here, I noticed that a member reported that the NP-10 battery from the Fuji X10 works in the Q, and it just so happens that I have one and a generic charger left over from some purchases/sales. I just had a brainstorm of sorts - I would like to buy a Q, and came very close a couple time now with the great prices, but would never use it is intended as a small walk around or pocket camera. My only interest would be to install the Q-K adapter so I can use my K-mount glass for some of that great long distance high magnification wildlife shooting. i am really struggling along with my 300mm prime since my wildlife around here is truly "wild" and can seldom get close enough to get a good shot. Plus the fact that because of physical limitations, I have now become a stationary tripod shooter.

So......if anyone has a second Q body that they don't know what to do with, shoot me a PM if you might want to sell it alone. I've been dying to try one with my FA*300 4.5 lens on the tripod to capture that pesky Kingfisher who has been eluding me for a couple years now!
I just bought one Q and I am liking it so far. Pictures taken in auto mode is already sharp... If the price continue to drop near or below 250 with the 02 standard lens, I am thinking of picking up another one along K-Q adapter for wildlife shots. I understand the battery shares with Fuji X10 NP-50 which is widely available. So, I would pick up a few of those. Since there is no optical viewfinder, I don't expect the battery to last very long especially when using it for video... I am thinking of collecting about 5 or 6 of those from fleabay just in case.
12-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,639
When my Q-10 arrives I will have four batteries. Actually I have been surprised at how good the battery life is, but spares take up so little room it is no problem to carry a couple.
12-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
OK you "two Q" people - I am assuming that some of you bought a second Q for the accessories/battery - so what are you going to do with that second Q body?
I know I am quoting myself here - but never mind. I just finally pulled the trigger on a Q kit with 02 zoom. Figured I can just sell the lens and have the body only for a great price anyway.
12-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
i_trax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,109
I do have the Q with 01 +02 ...
with 06 and Pentax Q2K adapter and O-VF1 on "backorder" for a while.
if someone could convince me ( please do!) that Q10 is much better performer than the Q , I would get one too....
in the meantime I just ordered white K01 with 40mm XS for a fraction of the original price.

12-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
Well Stan, I briefly toyed with the idea of selling the 2nd body. I got it because ShopNBC was selling their 02 kit for what the 02 sells for regularly. Seemed to me that having a second Pentax battery, charger, etc. plus the 02 lens itself was worth having to find all that storage space for the 2nd Q body. I luked out because ShopNBC added, without any notice, the Extended 2-year Warranty for the Q too.

Perhaps I will sell it, but for now it sits in the 02 kit box waiting......
12-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Well Stan, I briefly toyed with the idea of selling the 2nd body. I got it because ShopNBC was selling their 02 kit for what the 02 sells for regularly. Seemed to me that having a second Pentax battery, charger, etc. plus the 02 lens itself was worth having to find all that storage space for the 2nd Q body. I luked out because ShopNBC added, without any notice, the Extended 2-year Warranty for the Q too.

Perhaps I will sell it, but for now it sits in the 02 kit box waiting......
Well Doc, I think it worked out well enough for me in the end buying my own kit anyway. Once I sell the 02 lens I will have the body with accessories for what I probably would have paid someone for the body only anyway.

I think it is awesome that you got the extended warranty without warning!
12-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Well Doc, I think it worked out well enough for me in the end buying my own kit anyway. Once I sell the 02 lens I will have the body with accessories for what I probably would have paid someone for the body only anyway.

I think it is awesome that you got the extended warranty without warning!
Thanks, I'm amazed that they included it.

I look forward to seeing what you think of it once you have one in your hands. Which adapter are you going to get?
12-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #27
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Which adapter are you going to get?
I have the Fotodiox adapter coming that has the aperture lever - was listed here in the Marketplace used yesterday so I snapped it up. I'll start with that then decided from there. Looking forward to see how my FA* 300 4.5 does with the Q!
12-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 226
I bought a Q and 01 kit for my girlfriend when the price dropped to AU$400. I liked it so I bought one on Ebay for myself that came with everything (including the VF and the 25mm Sonnetar). Then the $200 deal came along which seemed too good to pass up so I grabbed that one too, which makes us a three Q household at the moment.
12-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #29
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Ewins Quote
I bought a Q and 01 kit for my girlfriend when the price dropped to AU$400. I liked it so I bought one on Ebay for myself that came with everything (including the VF and the 25mm Sonnetar). Then the $200 deal came along which seemed too good to pass up so I grabbed that one too, which makes us a three Q household at the moment.
Wow. Although that $189 price was so good it would have had me too. I had 3 briefly until I returned one. Both mine are black and I now have the 01, 02, and 03 lenses. Very nice little kit IMHO. How is the Sonnetar in your opinion on the Q?
12-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #30
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 226
I really need to try it in controlled conditions before I make my mind up on it. To my way of thinking 25mm is a bit too long to be a useful portrait lens, but that might change as I get used to it. Hopefully over Christmas I can persuade a few friends to pose for me and I can give it a thorough work out.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, kit, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why did you buy a K-01? slackercruster Pentax Mirrorless Cameras 156 09-28-2013 04:26 PM
Where did you buy your new Q? Docrwm Pentax Q 18 11-25-2012 11:40 PM
Wildlife photographers, would you buy a Q sensor... barondla Pentax Q 5 05-01-2012 02:07 PM
What did you buy first and why? bakamera Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 19 06-11-2011 04:17 PM
Why did you buy a Pentax DSLR? slip Pentax DSLR Discussion 362 02-15-2010 08:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top