Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: 2nd Q for You?
I own 1 Q and the original lens 2629.89%
I own 1 Q and several lenses 3439.08%
I own 2 Qs with 01 & 02 lenses 1112.64%
I own 2 Qs with 01, 02 and other lens(es) 1112.64%
I have 1 Q and another is on the way 22.30%
I own a Q and a Q10 (I like diversity)   00%
I own 2 Qs but bought the 2nd to save on the Lens and will sell the 2nd body 55.75%
I plan to keep both Qs 1011.49%
My Qs are the same color 89.20%
My Qs are different colors 44.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the 02 is a fine kit lens equivalent. I use it as my all-around lens with the Q when not shooting adapted telephoto lenses.

I also carry the 03 and 01, but the 02 is used most, for family outings and events and such.

The 02 gives you AF, focal ranges from wide to portrait, and built in ND.

It may be not as crisp as the 01, but that's the same story between a typical kit lens and a prime.

02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I think the 02 is a fine kit lens equivalent. I use it as my all-around lens with the Q when not shooting adapted telephoto lenses.

I also carry the 03 and 01, but the 02 is used most, for family outings and events and such.

It may be not as crisp as the 01, but that's the same story between a typical kit lens and a prime.
+1 to everything Larry said. However, I find myself reaching for the 01 if at all possible because it is just that much better (like all good primes) and its faster, lots faster, a f1.9.
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Do we know what the quality of the 06 is, compared to the 02 and 01?

I'm really wanting the 06 to be a top-notch piece of glass, so I hope someone can confirm?
02-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Well, finally I don't have money for a Q lens now (I need a DA21 before ), so I guess I'm gonna wait for the wide prime that is supposed to be released later this year

02-06-2013, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #95
Veteran Member

I have the black q which I use with 01 a lot. It is always with me and so are its batteries ...
No need for a viewfinder, no adapters, no non-native lenses, just q's.
That is, for now. But I just acquired a backpack to allow me to carry a sturdy tripod ... for my q ... with adapter ... and bloody heavy lens ... I've gone insane.
That's it. And the 02 and 06 (which by the way is fine, rather nice at the tele end. I like it). And the 03, which with the peaking is now working fine for me.
Yeah, true q love, it is just somehow not rubbish.
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PentaxMom Felua, what is the heavy lens? Love the Q backpack idea.
thanks
barondla
02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doc, perhaps you need to re-do this poll since I think lots of us have different situations now than when we first voted

02-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #98

Photos: Albums
While I haven't got the scratch to pick up a second Q right now (and because the firesale prices at Newegg.com are not available where I am), I could see getting a second Q for sure somewhere down the line. I have found it to be quite indispensable for some of the photos I take because it is a small but full-featured camera that takes interchangeable lenses (especially the fisheye which I consider a "killer app" that sets it apart from other CSCs). Part of my justification for getting a Q in the first place was as a backup for my K-5 (funny, used the same argument to get the K-01 after I got the Q... suspicious I know). But the Q really has come into its own and I could see getting a back-up Q or Q10 in case the first one goes kaput. I'm glad Pentax is putting some weight behind the Q-mount with the recent releases of the adapter and the Q10 so I know when I need that next Q/Q10, it won't be problem to get one.
02-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
PentaxMom Felua, what is the heavy lens? Love the Q backpack idea.
thanks
barondla
Hi there, nothing special, because I sold all of my old lenses, it is just like that. But I want to try the 60-250 with it.
I bought a cheap Lowepro Versapack blue backpack, it was on sale, 50% off, it is still a bit big for me, but anyway it is rather comfy. I can store the 60-250 in the bottom compartment and the tripod attaches to the back. I bought a new tripod aswell, because I needed a less heavier one. I ended up with a Sirui 3204M and K20x ballhead.
Leaving out the long center column in exchange for the shorter one, quick release included, just a bit less than 2kg. The backpack I think is 1100gr., so, add the weight of q and adapter, release, some stuff, it still is quite some weight. It is just I don't have experience with a gimbal, though that might be better. But then again, q is not swift enough for fast tracking. It will come down to knowing the spot and patience. Underneath the backpack there are small clipped straps, I can strap a lightweight mat there, to kneel on in the mud, to sit on. So, I guess patience is not going to be much of a problem. Now I need to get the adapter, the missing link. First I must sell my old tripod, save up a bit and then ... And then I need time and a bit of nice weather. There is a wonderful spot close by, with water and woodland, where herons and geese are. And lots of lovely flowers in early summer. It is going to be fun. Have fun too, barondla.
02-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #100
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Newer Updated Poll
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/214567-did-you-buy-2nd-q-update.html