Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,577
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxScott Quote
Looks like the Amazon seller is now sold out, and the cheapest price on Amazon is well over $40. However, B&H still has them for $19.95 with free shipping which is only a couple bucks more than Amazon (as there was a $5.49 shipping charge per $12 bag ordered from that seller).

If I get ambitious tonight Ill take a few shots of my gear packed in it including my 16-50 lens if there are people that are curious about them...
I ordered one of the last three on Amazon, had a $5 gift certificate to burn.
They look really neat, and when I saw the original price, I had to buy!

I'm still waiting for my Groupon Q to ship.

01-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
I went ahead and ordered one too - I'm a sucker for a bag, particularly when its on a great sale. It arrived today. VERY nice construction, LOTS of features, the enclosed strap is better than 9 out of 10 such straps, and good attention to detail on it. Still think its a bit bizarre but I do believe that it will work as 2 lens cases if nothing else. The only thing that struck me as a negative in its build quality is the straps on the side through which the paddle goes to connect the two halves are VERY narrow (the ones on my LowePro gear are 4x as wide). Nice deal for $15-20 though.
01-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,088
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I went ahead and ordered one too - I'm a sucker for a bag, particularly when its on a great sale. It arrived today. VERY nice construction, LOTS of features, the enclosed strap is better than 9 out of 10 such straps, and good attention to detail on it. Still think its a bit bizarre but I do believe that it will work as 2 lens cases if nothing else. The only thing that struck me as a negative in its build quality is the straps on the side through which the paddle goes to connect the two halves are VERY narrow (the ones on my LowePro gear are 4x as wide). Nice deal for $15-20 though.
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, so glad to hear it worked out.
01-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bucks County, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 499
Docrwm,

How well does the Q and accessories fit into it?

01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
Docrwm,

How well does the Q and accessories fit into it?
It's a bit odd, because things fit but are stacked inside. I can fit the Q, all three lenses, extra batteries, and SD cards in one side without it being too tight but everything is sort of layered - if you know what I mean. I think it may be a better solution for my K-01 than for the Q. That said, if I were doing a lot of adapter work it might be an excellent choice. Have the Q and its accessories on one side and the lenses on the other. The interior pockets in the main compartment in combination with the flap that folds down to separate items makes it fairly versatile. I can get the adapter and 2-3 small lenses like primes into the kit with the body and such.

I'll try to take some photos of the arrangement this evening but realize I do not have the Pentax adapter, just a basic one. I do think that they are very well made and I was surprised on the quality of the strap with them.

You can see my review and the stock photos I uploaded to the review database here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/showproduct.php?product=1186&cat=147
01-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 387
I went with an army surplus gas mask bag, looks to be the perfect size for a small Q kit with VF and a few adapted lens. I'll look to add some dividers and foam padding if necessary!

Genuine Swiss Army Gas Mask Bag SM74 | eBay
01-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bucks County, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 499
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
It's a bit odd, because things fit but are stacked inside. I can fit the Q, all three lenses, extra batteries, and SD cards in one side without it being too tight but everything is sort of layered - if you know what I mean. I think it may be a better solution for my K-01 than for the Q. That said, if I were doing a lot of adapter work it might be an excellent choice. Have the Q and its accessories on one side and the lenses on the other. The interior pockets in the main compartment in combination with the flap that folds down to separate items makes it fairly versatile. I can get the adapter and 2-3 small lenses like primes into the kit with the body and such.

I'll try to take some photos of the arrangement this evening but realize I do not have the Pentax adapter, just a basic one. I do think that they are very well made and I was surprised on the quality of the strap with them.

You can see my review and the stock photos I uploaded to the review database here:
Kata Hybrid-531 Dual Should Bag reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Thanks Docrwm!
01-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 26
Doesn't carrying a bag for the Q sort of defeat it's intended purpose? Clearly a few folks are using these for tele work, but on the whole, it seems like this camera is best suited to casual "at will" shooting, no?

I'm working with another member to acquire his unused groupon Q, so I have no hands on experience. My intention is to lose the cap, twist on a uv filter, throw it in a jacket pocket and forget about it til I see something worth shooting. This thread has me wondering if either my objective is impractical or rather you folks are indulging in a bit of bag-love


Last edited by Amaroq; 01-17-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: type-oh
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Amaroq Quote
Doesn't carrying a bag for the Q sort of defeat it's intended purpose? Clearly a few folks are using these for tele work, but on the whole, it seems like this camera is best suited to casual "at will" shooting, no?

I'm working with another member to acquire his unused groupon Q, so I have no hands on experience. My intention is to lose the cap, twist on a uv filter, throw it in a jacket pocket and forget about it til I see something worth shooting. This thread has me wondering if either my objective is impractical or rather you folks are indulging in a bit of bag-love
You can certainly do that with the Q. I'd also throw a 2nd battery (they're the size of a chocolate square) in my pocket too.

But if you are planning to use the adapter and other lenses, carry the 01, 02, and 03 lenses as I did on my recent trip to Universal Studios, or use it as a 2nd camera then a bag makes a lot of sense.
01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,348
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Amaroq Quote
Doesn't carrying a bag for the Q sort of defeat it's intended purpose?
That's begging the question. Use it how you like; I for one will use it differently. I don't see the point of not using a cap, even with a UV filter, unless you consider UV filters more or less disposable; you'll have time to remove and pocket the cap while you're waiting for the camera to power up (takes a few seconds). Enjoy your Q.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
accessories, bag, camera, kit, lens, lenses, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Q shoulder bag (85234) Riv Pentax Q 27 04-12-2013 07:49 PM
Another affordable optical viewfinder option for the K-01 Ecaterin Pentax K-01 16 03-14-2013 01:12 PM
Gadget bag for a Q system? barondla Pentax Q 14 03-22-2012 06:10 PM
No Q System on pentax forums home page sparkston Pentax Q 5 02-23-2012 03:05 PM
Nikon Q system using 1/2.3" sensor too = Pentax Q system? ogl Pentax News and Rumors 31 07-14-2011 07:47 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:54 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top