12-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photokina: "the Q10 has a new CMOS sensor"
Photoplus: "same sensor, right? yes"

hehe

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful....and the Q10 looks nice too.
12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Photokina: "the Q10 has a new CMOS sensor"
Photoplus: "same sensor, right? yes"hehe
Adam, ask Pentax before you post review of Q10

12-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #5

This guy doesn't seem to have any idea what he's talking about...

No new sensor!!!???
They changed the body to polycarbonate so that they could paint it different colours???? REALLY, so the magnesium body couldn't be painted???
Why do they let muppets like this represent them, they just end up looking foolish.
12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bluefoam Quote
This guy doesn't seem to have any idea what he's talking about...

No new sensor!!!???
They changed the body to polycarbonate so that they could paint it different colours???? REALLY, so the magnesium body couldn't be painted???
Why do they let muppets like this represent them, they just end up looking foolish.
He also said the 15-45mm is equivalent to an 80-200, it actually goes to 250. The marketing director should not make this kind of error.
12-06-2012, 06:28 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

When is Pentax going to realize that whenever he is allowed to talk to the media he embarrasses Pentax?

Seriously, how many things are wrong with what he said in that interview? Did anyone count?

The only changes are external? Really? Well, they tweaked the AF. THEY? Who do you represent? The phase, even if your facts are wrong must be "WE tweaked...." You ARE a part of Pentax, why I can't fathom but you are and you should speak as if you are.

80-200? Really? Do you EVEN READ the data sheets on your own products? Your own website says: "15mm-45mm (equivalent to 83mm-249mm in 35mm format)" - that's NOT a small mistake. Oh, and BTW - that "80-200" lens, it's an f2.8 throughout the range!! That's a WOW statement for a tiny lens that costs <$300!

As for the adapter, YES it allows K mount lenses to be used BUT it turns the Q/Q10 into an amazing SUPER-telephoto and an amazingly dramatic Macro because of the 5.5 crop factor! Please try to actually SELL the Pentax gear!

A little enthusiasm AND some basic knowledge and the Pentax gear really is easy to sell, REALLY. Geez!
12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
When is Pentax going to realize that whenever he is allowed to talk to the media he embarrasses Pentax?

Seriously, how many things are wrong with what he said in that interview? Did anyone count?

The only changes are external? Really? Well, they tweaked the AF. THEY? Who do you represent? The phase, even if your facts are wrong must be "WE tweaked...." You ARE a part of Pentax, why I can't fathom but you are and you should speak as if you are.

80-200? Really? Do you EVEN READ the data sheets on your own products? Your own website says: "15mm-45mm (equivalent to 83mm-249mm in 35mm format)" - that's NOT a small mistake. Oh, and BTW - that "80-200" lens, it's an f2.8 throughout the range!! That's a WOW statement for a tiny lens that costs <$300!

As for the adapter, YES it allows K mount lenses to be used BUT it turns the Q/Q10 into an amazing SUPER-telephoto and an amazingly dramatic Macro because of the 5.5 crop factor! Please try to actually SELL the Pentax gear!

A little enthusiasm AND some basic knowledge and the Pentax gear really is easy to sell, REALLY. Geez!
Agreed! They really do need a better representative. Maybe someone with a lot more enthusiasm, charisma, personality, some accurate product knowledge, and oh I don't know a pulse perhaps. At least his pronunciation was correct, I'll give him that much.

12-06-2012, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote

Sigh. I agree 100%. What is it with Pentax, is it just Denver?
John Carlson is a Ned contemporary. If Ned can talk about his other cameras at Pentax, then it stands to reason that JC is like Ned, and not that thrilled with the Q or other Pentax offerings.

Where is the excitement for their products?

I'm never a fan of people losing their jobs, but I think it's time to clean house at Pentax USA. They are just not that into working there anymore. They rode out the Hoya years and the ups and downs, and now I think it's time to move on.

I think it's time for some Pentaxians to be hired.
12-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There's a reason US popularity of Pentax is so low, but I think they're starting to become a bit more visible now that Ricoh is on board...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Any reason why Pentax or Ricoh don't seem to be on the Photoplus 2013?