Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2012, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
Photoplus 2012



12-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,993
Photokina: "the Q10 has a new CMOS sensor"
Photoplus: "same sensor, right? yes"

hehe

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,441
Beautiful....and the Q10 looks nice too.
12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian
VladimirYo's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 287
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Photokina: "the Q10 has a new CMOS sensor"
Photoplus: "same sensor, right? yes"hehe
Adam, ask Pentax before you post review of Q10

12-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Senior Member
bluefoam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 106
This guy doesn't seem to have any idea what he's talking about...

No new sensor!!!???
They changed the body to polycarbonate so that they could paint it different colours???? REALLY, so the magnesium body couldn't be painted???
Why do they let muppets like this represent them, they just end up looking foolish.
12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,631
QuoteOriginally posted by bluefoam Quote
This guy doesn't seem to have any idea what he's talking about...

No new sensor!!!???
They changed the body to polycarbonate so that they could paint it different colours???? REALLY, so the magnesium body couldn't be painted???
Why do they let muppets like this represent them, they just end up looking foolish.
He also said the 15-45mm is equivalent to an 80-200, it actually goes to 250. The marketing director should not make this kind of error.
12-06-2012, 06:28 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
When is Pentax going to realize that whenever he is allowed to talk to the media he embarrasses Pentax?

Seriously, how many things are wrong with what he said in that interview? Did anyone count?

The only changes are external? Really? Well, they tweaked the AF. THEY? Who do you represent? The phase, even if your facts are wrong must be "WE tweaked...." You ARE a part of Pentax, why I can't fathom but you are and you should speak as if you are.

80-200? Really? Do you EVEN READ the data sheets on your own products? Your own website says: "15mm-45mm (equivalent to 83mm-249mm in 35mm format)" - that's NOT a small mistake. Oh, and BTW - that "80-200" lens, it's an f2.8 throughout the range!! That's a WOW statement for a tiny lens that costs <$300!

As for the adapter, YES it allows K mount lenses to be used BUT it turns the Q/Q10 into an amazing SUPER-telephoto and an amazingly dramatic Macro because of the 5.5 crop factor! Please try to actually SELL the Pentax gear!

A little enthusiasm AND some basic knowledge and the Pentax gear really is easy to sell, REALLY. Geez!
12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,441
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
When is Pentax going to realize that whenever he is allowed to talk to the media he embarrasses Pentax?

Seriously, how many things are wrong with what he said in that interview? Did anyone count?

The only changes are external? Really? Well, they tweaked the AF. THEY? Who do you represent? The phase, even if your facts are wrong must be "WE tweaked...." You ARE a part of Pentax, why I can't fathom but you are and you should speak as if you are.

80-200? Really? Do you EVEN READ the data sheets on your own products? Your own website says: "15mm-45mm (equivalent to 83mm-249mm in 35mm format)" - that's NOT a small mistake. Oh, and BTW - that "80-200" lens, it's an f2.8 throughout the range!! That's a WOW statement for a tiny lens that costs <$300!

As for the adapter, YES it allows K mount lenses to be used BUT it turns the Q/Q10 into an amazing SUPER-telephoto and an amazingly dramatic Macro because of the 5.5 crop factor! Please try to actually SELL the Pentax gear!

A little enthusiasm AND some basic knowledge and the Pentax gear really is easy to sell, REALLY. Geez!
Agreed! They really do need a better representative. Maybe someone with a lot more enthusiasm, charisma, personality, some accurate product knowledge, and oh I don't know a pulse perhaps. At least his pronunciation was correct, I'll give him that much.

12-06-2012, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,463
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
When is Pentax going to realize that whenever he is allowed to talk to the media he embarrasses Pentax?

Seriously, how many things are wrong with what he said in that interview? Did anyone count?

The only changes are external? Really? Well, they tweaked the AF. THEY? Who do you represent? The phase, even if your facts are wrong must be "WE tweaked...." You ARE a part of Pentax, why I can't fathom but you are and you should speak as if you are.

80-200? Really? Do you EVEN READ the data sheets on your own products? Your own website says: "15mm-45mm (equivalent to 83mm-249mm in 35mm format)" - that's NOT a small mistake. Oh, and BTW - that "80-200" lens, it's an f2.8 throughout the range!! That's a WOW statement for a tiny lens that costs <$300!

As for the adapter, YES it allows K mount lenses to be used BUT it turns the Q/Q10 into an amazing SUPER-telephoto and an amazingly dramatic Macro because of the 5.5 crop factor! Please try to actually SELL the Pentax gear!

A little enthusiasm AND some basic knowledge and the Pentax gear really is easy to sell, REALLY. Geez!
Sigh. I agree 100%. What is it with Pentax, is it just Denver?
John Carlson is a Ned contemporary. If Ned can talk about his other cameras at Pentax, then it stands to reason that JC is like Ned, and not that thrilled with the Q or other Pentax offerings.

Where is the excitement for their products?

I'm never a fan of people losing their jobs, but I think it's time to clean house at Pentax USA. They are just not that into working there anymore. They rode out the Hoya years and the ups and downs, and now I think it's time to move on.

I think it's time for some Pentaxians to be hired.
12-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,993
There's a reason US popularity of Pentax is so low, but I think they're starting to become a bit more visible now that Ricoh is on board...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,621
Any reason why Pentax or Ricoh don't seem to be on the Photoplus 2013?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PENTAX Demonstrates Host of New Products At PhotoPlus Expo 2012 bobell69 Pentax News and Rumors 33 10-29-2012 09:37 AM
Picture of the Week POTW #216 May 20, 2012 - June 3, 2012 jmschrei Weekly Photo Challenges 26 06-02-2012 08:52 PM
Serif Photoplus x4 jeffkrol Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 2 12-10-2011 11:53 AM
PDN PhotoPlus Expo FullertonImages Photographic Industry and Professionals 10 10-31-2011 12:41 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top