Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Which bag do you use for your Q?

Went into my local camera shop to pick up a 40.5mm filter and to look for a bag to hold my new Q. Have always liked Lowpro and almost got one, but the sales guy steered me to a Kata Lite-431 DL. He said to leave the tags attached and I could bring it back if I wanted. I'm debating keeping it, but am not totally convinced.

In any bag I use will be the Q with the 02 short zoom attached along with the 06 long zoom, a Manfrotto MP1-C01 tripod, two spare batteries, maybe a few extra memory cards, and the K to Q adapter. I'm wondering if it will be big enough for all that and the rain cover.

For those of you who use a bag for your Q, what bag do you have? And, what do you carry in it?

12-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Went into my local camera shop to pick up a 40.5mm filter and to look for a bag to hold my new Q. Have always liked Lowpro and almost got one, but the sales guy steered me to a Kata Lite-431 DL. He said to leave the tags attached and I could bring it back if I wanted. I'm debating keeping it, but am not totally convinced.

In any bag I use will be the Q with the 02 short zoom attached along with the 06 long zoom, a Manfrotto MP1-C01 tripod, two spare batteries, maybe a few extra memory cards, and the K to Q adapter. I'm wondering if it will be big enough for all that and the rain cover.

For those of you who use a bag for your Q, what bag do you have? And, what do you carry in it?
The camera is so small I'm thinking of storing my (soon to be here) Q in a soft Pentax lens case and stacking it on top of the lenses I normally carry around in my tamrac messenger bag (holds my K5 + 5 small lenses).

As for storing the whole system, I think something link this (you can make a custom mold) would be the right way to go, like the one for the auto 110:

Now, if you want to go down the traditional route, I'd do something very small like this:
Lowepro Rezo 110 AW Camera Shoulder Bag LP34700-0EU B&H Photo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At this point, I think I still prefer myTamrac 5510 - Explorer 10. It fits the Q+01 or Q+02 in the main compartment in a verticle position by dividing the main compartment with a velcro divider at the 40/60 mark. Just put the Q+01 on one side and the Q+02 goes on the other side OR you can fit the Q+01 pointed toward the outer wall and the Q+02 pointed toward the back wall.

It has D-rings on the sides for a strap, but I have two carabiners that allow more flexibility and ease of strap removal.

The front zippered compartment has slots that fit 2x2 batteries, the remote and a half-circle slot that is like it was custom made for the 03 Fish-Eye lens.

The interior top flap has a huge overhang to protect from water intrusion and a clip for easy access when you do not want to zipper it. It also has a zippered compartment in the inside that fits two filters and an adapter and one on the outside that holds my lens pen, cloth, and Manfrotto Mini Tripod (MP1-C01) if I take it off the Q (rare).

When the 02 lens isn't in the kit the adapter and a small to mid size lens will fit in that 60% space while the Q + 01 are on the other side. When I do not have the adapter in the bag my OVF and 02 fit on the 60% side and I have a small velcro divider that use as a top to that section.

So far, out of 5 bags I have tried, its the best for taking more than just the camera but still is a relatively small bag.

You can see the 03 slot I referred to on the right of this in the front pocket.

Last edited by Docrwm; 12-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.
12-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I use the Dashpoint 20 from Lowepro and keep it attached to my hip via the belt. I can store the Q with the Prime lens attached and 03 Fish Eye quite easily. Makes a great walk around all day setup. Seems fairly water resistant too. I also the official leatherette shoulder bag that basically holds the same amount and is rather stylish but I am not too fond of shoulder straps so I hardly use it.

12-08-2012, 09:37 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

This is How I like my Q, around my neck. Rarely in a bag unless I'm traveling It goes in my KX bag in one of the lens pockets.
12-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #6

If I am going with just one lens a small Sony Cybershot bag that will also hold spare batteries. The main kit is in a Domke F5XA which holds the Q, Voightlander finder and 6 or 7 C mount lenses.

Shawn