Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
firmware update for 06, is there one?

The big brown truck is due to arrive by the end of this week with a Q 06 telephoto zoom. Having already updated the firmware on my new Q and 02 zoom, I went on-line to download the firmware for my yet-to-arrive 06. Didn't see one at the pentaximaging.com web site. Does it exist?

12-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not yet lol, the lens just came out!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Pentax Japan only shows firmware updates for 01 & 02 lenses.
???????????????????????????????&?????PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

ファームウェア アップデート(PENTAX Q 用レンズ)

対応機種 対応OS バージョン 01 STANDARD PRIME Windows 対応版/Mac OS 対応版 1.01 02 STANDARD ZOOM Windows 対応版/Mac OS 対応版 1.01

This is where I always go to learn of new updates. I always assume the other countries may get the info up slower than Japan.
12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I didn't realize that the lens was so new, as I've only had my Q for about a week.

Any chance the 01 prime will be sold a la carte?

12-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Thanks guys. I didn't realize that the lens was so new, as I've only had my Q for about a week.

It has been in some places but not consistently yet.
12-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Amazon.com: Pentax-01 Standard Prime for Pentax Q Mount: Camera & Photo
12-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Two things - those sellers are all easily identified as Japanese sellers or sellers that specialize in selling Japan-only products and the price is a wee bit high. Still, it does signal that the 01 will be sold individually, even if it takes a while for it to go through regular distribution channels.
12-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Two things - those sellers are all easily identified as Japanese sellers or sellers that specialize in selling Japan-only products and the price is a wee bit high. Still, it does signal that the 01 will be sold individually, even if it takes a while for it to go through regular distribution channels.

Well when I posted the link the lens was available from Electronics Basket which is a regular reseller on Amazon. I don't see where Electronics Basket is easily identified as a Japanese seller - but maybe I am missing something......

Amazon.com At a Glance: Electronics Basket

12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Well when I posted the link the lens was available from Electronics Basket which is a regular reseller on Amazon. I don't see where Electronics Basket is easily identified as a Japanese seller - but maybe I am missing something......

Amazon.com At a Glance: Electronics Basket
They're a grey market seller. I think they are selling lenses from kits they have broken up. See you're selling your 02, guess you decide to stick with your original plan.
12-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
Veteran Member

They're a grey market seller. I think they are selling lenses from kits they have broken up. See you're selling your 02, guess you decide to stick with your original plan.
Yeah, but my plan isn't working out so well I think.....

I knew my LBA would kick in since I really want to try the 06 lens now........
12-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh, great! Just wonderful. Before re-visiting this thread, I placed an order earlier this morning for their last one. Guess I'm shafted if I ever need warranty repair. Then again, in over 45 years of using Pentax lenses, I've only once had to have a lens repaired, and that was after the warranty expired. Yup, a SDM motor in my DA* 16-50.
12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh, great! Just wonderful. Before re-visiting this thread, I placed an order earlier this morning for their last one. Guess I'm shafted if I ever need warranty repair. Then again, in over 45 years of using Pentax lenses, I've only once had to have a lens repaired, and that was after the warranty expired. Yup, a SDM motor in my DA* 16-50.
Probably not. CRIS looks at the date and the warranty (that's what they circled on my repair). Plus, if its the only place to get one......
04-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #13
Forum Member

Probably not. CRIS looks at the date and the warranty (that's what they circled on my repair). Plus, if its the only place to get one......
Originally posted by volosong Quote
Their site always says it's the last one. I paid $250 for mine from China two weeks ago. They shipped it today. Their inventory said 0 after I purchased mine, until the next day when it was back to 1.