Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bayonet rear lens caps for Q lenses?

Has anyone found any rear lens caps that are not friction type but are the bayonet type?

12-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Has anyone found any rear lens caps that are not friction type but are the bayonet type?
I was wondering the same thing!
I've already put some of my spare OEM bayonet body caps on the Q adapter.
It's much more secure than a push on type.

12-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Looks like these are the twist on type which is verified by the customer review except it comes as a pair with a body cap also:

Amazon.com: EzFoto Body Cap and Lens Rear Cap for Pentax Q PQ camera & lens: Camera & Photo
12-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Looks like these are the twist on type which is verified by the customer review except it comes as a pair with a body cap also:

Amazon.com: EzFoto Body Cap and Lens Rear Cap for Pentax Q PQ camera & lens: Camera & Photo
Thanks Stan. I looked but missed those on Amazon. Appreciate it.

I ordered a set, we'll see what they quality is like. Thanks again.

12-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have the ones from JJC, the guys who make the aftermarket hoods.
They are a little more than the Amazon but quality is good. Look the same as those too.
Professional Body Cap Rear Lens Cap for Pentax Q Mount 8 5mm New Cover | eBay
12-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks Stan. I looked but missed those on Amazon. Appreciate it.

I ordered a set, we'll see what they quality is like. Thanks again.
You're welcome!
12-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I have a couple of sets of the JJC also -- I'm something of a freak about lens caps and always have extras around for both the front and back since I can't stand "cap keepers" and I somehow manage to misplace the caps -- I don't lose them, just put them places where I later can't fathom how they got there. . .

I actually like the push on rear caps that Pentax uses now. They're quicker and less fiddly than the bayonet caps since I don't have to "locate" the lugs. For my K mounts, I always dig through the local B&M dealers lens cap drawer and pick out the push on rear caps when I find them. Most of my bayonet rear caps are too loose, and can fall off of the lens in the bag -- so I've had to modify them with electrician's tape to tighten them up. The bayonet caps look "more professional', and the push on caps look cheap, but I find the latter more functional, and that counts more for me in the field.

That being said, the JJC caps are very nice. They're a lot less expensive than any of the OEM caps I've found -- They're a harder plastic , and flat so store a lot easier than the OEM Q rear caps. . . but that also makes them easier for me to misplace. ..

Scott
12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
I have a couple of sets of the JJC also -- I'm something of a freak about lens caps and always have extras around for both the front and back since I can't stand "cap keepers" and I somehow manage to misplace the caps -- I don't lose them, just put them places where I later can't fathom how they got there. . .

I actually like the push on rear caps that Pentax uses now. They're quicker and less fiddly than the bayonet caps since I don't have to "locate" the lugs. For my K mounts, I always dig through the local B&M dealers lens cap drawer and pick out the push on rear caps when I find them. Most of my bayonet rear caps are too loose, and can fall off of the lens in the bag -- so I've had to modify them with electrician's tape to tighten them up. The bayonet caps look "more professional', and the push on caps look cheap, but I find the latter more functional, and that counts more for me in the field.

That being said, the JJC caps are very nice. They're a lot less expensive than any of the OEM caps I've found -- They're a harder plastic , and flat so store a lot easier than the OEM Q rear caps. . . but that also makes them easier for me to misplace. ..

Scott
Scott,

Funny how things are different and the same for each of us at the same time. I misplace caps too, and often can't figure out how a cap got where it is when I finally find it. But, I have the push on caps for my K mount lenses falling off regularly in the bags or coming off with the slightest bump, so I much prefer the bayonet mount caps. When I am swapping a couple of lenses off and on during the same outing I'll use the push-ons because they are easier to swap quickly, but I am always worried that I'll put my hand in the case and get a fingerprint on the rear element because the push-on has fallen off.

12-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #9

I picked up a bunch of these:

New Black Lens Cap Replaces for Pentax Q Mount Camera Lens High Quality | eBay

and they work fine and are pretty inexpensive.

Shawn
12-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shawn67 Quote
I picked up a bunch of these:

New Black Lens Cap Replaces for Pentax Q Mount Camera Lens High Quality | eBay

and they work fine and are pretty inexpensive.

Shawn
Thanks. I had seen those but the pics are of the body cap and they're from China so I passed. Glad to know the item really is a rear lens cap, makes it another option.
12-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #11

Thanks. I had seen those but the pics are of the body cap and they're from China so I passed. Glad to know the item really is a rear lens cap, makes it another option.
Those are the rear lens cap pictures actually. The angle on the onesies it hard to tell what you are looking at.

Shawn
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shawn67 Quote
Those are the rear lens cap pictures actually. The angle on the onesies it hard to tell what you are looking at.

Shawn
Thanks. I honestly looked at it and through it was a body cap. I do appreciate the help.