Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Unregistered User

Got a second Q; am I nuts?

Hello,

There is some guy deep inside my who is vehemently opposed to consumerism.
Given his presence, I am suffering the pangs of conscience after I purchased my
second Q today. I did not really need it, but I bought it because it came with the
02 lens. My first Q was with the 01 lens. The Q with the 02 lens cost me 253 EUR,
whereas the lens alone is being sold for 289 EUR. Anyone else who would be
tempted to strike a similar deal?

Dominic

12-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nothing wrong with a backup camera, especially if it has a lens you need on it cheaper then you could get elsewhere.

/enabler
12-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
Anyone else who would be tempted to strike a similar deal?
I did the same thing. Don't feel bad about it, especially if you were going to buy the 02 lens anyhow. Just think of the second Q as a very nice (but heavy) back cap for whichever lens you aren't using!
12-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hello,

There is some guy deep inside my who is vehemently opposed to consumerism.
Given his presence, I am suffering the pangs of conscience after I purchased my
second Q today. I did not really need it, but I bought it because it came with the
02 lens. My first Q was with the 01 lens. The Q with the 02 lens cost me 253 EUR,
whereas the lens alone is being sold for 289 EUR. Anyone else who would be
tempted to strike a similar deal?

Dominic
Dominic,
I did the same thing. I got a 2nd Q with Extended Warranty for less than the 02 lens by itself would have cost me. So, instead of just the 02 lens, now I have it plus a backup body, a 2nd Pentax battery, 2nd charger, etc. If they are going to price the kit below the cost of the lens why would anyone buy the lens by itself?

12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Dominic,
I did the same thing. I got a 2nd Q with Extended Warranty for less than the 02 lens by itself would have cost me. So, instead of just the 02 lens, now I have it plus a backup body, a 2nd Pentax battery, 2nd charger, etc. If they are going to price the kit below the cost of the lens why would anyone buy the lens by itself?
Ja, it would be folly to turn down a deal like that. The white Q, by the way, is a wee bit feminine. I am sure
the ladies will love it.

D
12-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Ja, it would be folly to turn down a deal like that. The white Q, by the way, is a wee bit feminine. I am sure
the ladies will love it.

D
hmmmm.... you sound like you have experience with this kind of thing.... is there a blog somewhere we can catch up on your exploits?
12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
hmmmm.... you sound like you have experience with this kind of thing.... is there a blog somewhere we can catch up on your exploits?
Unfortunately no blog. What I meant is that now that I have two Qs, I might as well let the ladies enjoy the white one.

12-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hi Dominic,

I definitely think you're nuts

. . . but I must be also as I've also acquired a second Q after saying that I would wait for the Q2 (next model with the magnesium body). The ShopNBC deal was a little too good to pass IMO.

I got the white this time, with every intention to pull the white panels and "skin" it with Aki Asahi leather panels. When I got it, I liked the pearlescent look of the white, so it'll stay stock. . . at least for a while. ..

Scott
12-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
I got the white this time, with every intention to pull the white panels and "skin" it with Aki Asahi leather panels. When I got it, I liked the pearlescent look of the white, so it'll stay stock. . . at least for a while. ..
Hey Scott,
When I received my Aki Asahi skins the other day (seriously fast shipping from Japan, BTW), the packet included a pearlescent pink snakeskin Q cover set, labeled as "free practice." Shall I send that one to you?
12-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Hey Scott,
When I received my Aki Asahi skins the other day (seriously fast shipping from Japan, BTW), the packet included a pearlescent pink snakeskin Q cover set, labeled as "free practice." Shall I send that one to you?
Makes me wonder what color you ordered
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Makes me wonder what color you ordered
Well, I ordered two skins (two Qs - go figure), but what colors they are is between me and the Qs.
12-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Well, I ordered two skins (two Qs - go figure), but what colors they are is between me and the Qs.
Not asking, don't want you to tell.
12-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
Unregistered User

Just so you know: the K-mount was deemed acceptable by the commies and 110 was the favoured camera of the Soviet secret service.
I suggest that we conclude this thread with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PkXpCsgj5U
12-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Hey Scott,
Well -- now I'm upset -- I ordered 3 skins and didn't get a free pink pearl snakeskin one. . .

Scott
12-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Well -- now I'm upset -- I ordered 3 skins and didn't get a free pink pearl snakeskin one. . .

Scott
It's all in what colors you order......not that I'm asking.....