Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 456
Got a second Q; am I nuts?

Hello,

There is some guy deep inside my who is vehemently opposed to consumerism.
Given his presence, I am suffering the pangs of conscience after I purchased my
second Q today. I did not really need it, but I bought it because it came with the
02 lens. My first Q was with the 01 lens. The Q with the 02 lens cost me 253 EUR,
whereas the lens alone is being sold for 289 EUR. Anyone else who would be
tempted to strike a similar deal?

Dominic

12-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Sagitta's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,939
Nothing wrong with a backup camera, especially if it has a lens you need on it cheaper then you could get elsewhere.

/enabler
12-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian
panoguy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,290
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
Anyone else who would be tempted to strike a similar deal?
I did the same thing. Don't feel bad about it, especially if you were going to buy the 02 lens anyhow. Just think of the second Q as a very nice (but heavy) back cap for whichever lens you aren't using!
12-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
Hello,

There is some guy deep inside my who is vehemently opposed to consumerism.
Given his presence, I am suffering the pangs of conscience after I purchased my
second Q today. I did not really need it, but I bought it because it came with the
02 lens. My first Q was with the 01 lens. The Q with the 02 lens cost me 253 EUR,
whereas the lens alone is being sold for 289 EUR. Anyone else who would be
tempted to strike a similar deal?

Dominic
Dominic,
I did the same thing. I got a 2nd Q with Extended Warranty for less than the 02 lens by itself would have cost me. So, instead of just the 02 lens, now I have it plus a backup body, a 2nd Pentax battery, 2nd charger, etc. If they are going to price the kit below the cost of the lens why would anyone buy the lens by itself?

12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 456
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Dominic,
I did the same thing. I got a 2nd Q with Extended Warranty for less than the 02 lens by itself would have cost me. So, instead of just the 02 lens, now I have it plus a backup body, a 2nd Pentax battery, 2nd charger, etc. If they are going to price the kit below the cost of the lens why would anyone buy the lens by itself?
Ja, it would be folly to turn down a deal like that. The white Q, by the way, is a wee bit feminine. I am sure
the ladies will love it.

D
12-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,824
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
Ja, it would be folly to turn down a deal like that. The white Q, by the way, is a wee bit feminine. I am sure
the ladies will love it.

D
hmmmm.... you sound like you have experience with this kind of thing.... is there a blog somewhere we can catch up on your exploits?
12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 456
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
hmmmm.... you sound like you have experience with this kind of thing.... is there a blog somewhere we can catch up on your exploits?
Unfortunately no blog. What I meant is that now that I have two Qs, I might as well let the ladies enjoy the white one.
12-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago suburb, IL, USA
Posts: 1,535
Hi Dominic,

I definitely think you're nuts

. . . but I must be also as I've also acquired a second Q after saying that I would wait for the Q2 (next model with the magnesium body). The ShopNBC deal was a little too good to pass IMO.

I got the white this time, with every intention to pull the white panels and "skin" it with Aki Asahi leather panels. When I got it, I liked the pearlescent look of the white, so it'll stay stock. . . at least for a while. ..

Scott

12-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
Pentaxian
panoguy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,290
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
I got the white this time, with every intention to pull the white panels and "skin" it with Aki Asahi leather panels. When I got it, I liked the pearlescent look of the white, so it'll stay stock. . . at least for a while. ..
Hey Scott,
When I received my Aki Asahi skins the other day (seriously fast shipping from Japan, BTW), the packet included a pearlescent pink snakeskin Q cover set, labeled as "free practice." Shall I send that one to you?
12-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Hey Scott,
When I received my Aki Asahi skins the other day (seriously fast shipping from Japan, BTW), the packet included a pearlescent pink snakeskin Q cover set, labeled as "free practice." Shall I send that one to you?
Makes me wonder what color you ordered
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Pentaxian
panoguy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,290
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Makes me wonder what color you ordered
Well, I ordered two skins (two Qs - go figure), but what colors they are is between me and the Qs.
12-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Well, I ordered two skins (two Qs - go figure), but what colors they are is between me and the Qs.
Not asking, don't want you to tell.
12-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 456
Original Poster
Just so you know: the K-mount was deemed acceptable by the commies and 110 was the favoured camera of the Soviet secret service.
I suggest that we conclude this thread with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PkXpCsgj5U
12-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago suburb, IL, USA
Posts: 1,535
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Hey Scott,
When I received my Aki Asahi skins the other day (seriously fast shipping from Japan, BTW), the packet included a pearlescent pink snakeskin Q cover set, labeled as "free practice." Shall I send that one to you?
Well -- now I'm upset -- I ordered 3 skins and didn't get a free pink pearl snakeskin one. . .

Scott
12-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Well -- now I'm upset -- I ordered 3 skins and didn't get a free pink pearl snakeskin one. . .

Scott
It's all in what colors you order......not that I'm asking.....
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, lens, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I mental? Q or Q10 bluefoam Pentax Q 43 11-19-2012 10:41 PM
Just got my K-5, now it's time for a lens (warning, I am a noob) sethrw Pentax K-5 5 03-16-2012 10:09 PM
I got a second chance offer on ebay for Asahi Pentax KX geekette Pentax Film SLR Discussion 10 04-14-2011 05:50 PM
Got me a Hanimar lens I am liking! metroeloise Post Your Photos! 8 05-07-2009 09:20 PM
am i nuts? ewalk Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 20 03-26-2009 01:09 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top