Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #1

Pentax Q to Nikon lens adapter

Anyone on here have any experience adapting Nikon glass for use on the Q? My Q (02 kit) is arriving today and I'm already thinking of all the possibilities. I have a lot of Nikon lenses as that is my primary system.

I found this online. I'm wondering how the aperture would be controlled on Nikon G lenses (no aperture ring). Just wondering what others have experienced.

12-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sgav8r Quote
Anyone on here have any experience adapting Nikon glass for use on the Q? My Q (02 kit) is arriving today and I'm already thinking of all the possibilities. I have a lot of Nikon lenses as that is my primary system.

I found this online. I'm wondering how the aperture would be controlled on Nikon G lenses (no aperture ring). Just wondering what others have experienced.
I just ordered one to review together with the Pentax one- will let you know how it works!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I just ordered one to review together with the Pentax one- will let you know how it works!
You can get them cheaper on eBay. With that adapter you can't control aperture on a g lens. There is another adapter that has an unmarked aperture ring to let you control aperture on g lenses.

Shawn
12-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's the one I ordered, says you can (looks different from the original one though):
JJC Aperture Control Lens Mount Adapter for Nikon F Mount G Lens to Pentax Q | eBay

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yeah. Looks like eBay is the place to shop for the adapters. I'm thinking one with a tripod mount would be worth the extra few bucks too. Some of the Nikon lenses are pretty heavy and I don't imagine the Q lens mount is designed to handle the stress. With a 5.5 crop factor I'm guessing most Q shots with Nikon glass will require a tripod!