Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Some folks warn about mounting to a tripod using the Fotodiox shoe, and it is a concern given the two small screws that connect the shoe to the adapter. On the other hand, if you are using relatively small lenses and check the shoe mount every time to make there's zero wobble, you should be OK.

Most of us have found nearly no problems with jello effect up to 85 or 100mm using the generic adapter hand held, some misses up to about 150mm, and a real challenge to hold steady at 200mm and beyond (not to mention the difficulty in finding your subject without a real viewfinder at such high magnification).

The Fotodiox uses a very nice semi-gloss finish that presents an issue with some reflection on the inside of the barrel. I found matte model paint to be particularly easy to apply without concerns about changing the external appearance.

I'm not aware that Fotodiox items - ordered in the U.S. or from HK - take long to be delivered to the U.S. Of course, you never know what can happen at Customs, but such snags seem rare these days.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, camera, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7