Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,298
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So is this Foot pr0n or Lens pr0n?
We may have to invent a new category.

How's the K105/2.8 on the Q? I have the lens but haven't tried it on the Q yet.

02-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #62
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,471
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
We may have to invent a new category.

How's the K105/2.8 on the Q? I have the lens but haven't tried it on the Q yet.
That is my project today, and the 135/2.5 and 200/2.5. Gearing up to get out in the 40 degree damp is a bugger, though.
02-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #63
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,463
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote


Very nice!!
02-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #64
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,976
Help needed !

I am in a weird situation here:

Pentax Canada does not have it and must order it from Japan ,,, 4 to 6 weeks!

Trying to get a USA number, but the available 1-800 telephone number listed is for US only! Cannot call from here.

Trying "Rakuten" (Japan) .... I am getting only the Japanese page ... nothing in English !
Edit: Got the page in English .... no idea where to look for this foot!

Where in this world can I get this foot ?

JP


Last edited by jpzk; 02-22-2013 at 01:24 PM.
02-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #65
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
Original Poster
Go to the Pentaximaging.com site. On the support page start a chat and ask them for the direct number for parts depart.
I have it somewhere on my PC but I'm out.
This is how I got the number.
02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #66
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,976
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Go to the Pentaximaging.com site. On the support page start a chat and ask them for the direct number for parts depart.
I have it somewhere on my PC but I'm out.
This is how I got the number.
Thanks!!

I tried the chat ... got on line with someone, asking one question, only to be left hanging in there for quite a while with apparently some ghost at the other end .... ??

JP

Edit: I finally got a telephone number and an email address but what they gave me seems VERY strange for a Pentax contact!
I sent the email anyway, as I was told to do (instead of calling the number ???); "Matthew" said that during the chat session.

Last edited by jpzk; 02-22-2013 at 02:17 PM.
02-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #67
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,471
One of us can certainly help you out. I have the number at home somewhere, as do all of us who ordered - since it has to be done by phone. Of course, we're all at work right now. When I find it I'll PM.
02-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #68
Pentaxian
aleonx3's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,873
I am in the similar situation as JP, would like to get the Pentax Q to K adapter tripod foot. thanks...

02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #69
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,976
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One of us can certainly help you out. I have the number at home somewhere, as do all of us who ordered - since it has to be done by phone. Of course, we're all at work right now. When I find it I'll PM.
I appreciate this a lot!
If we could figure something out, it would be fantastic.
I realize that everyone is at work, so no rush .... Looking forward to make this happen.
JP

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I am in the similar situation as JP, would like to get the Pentax Q to K adapter tripod foot. thanks...
See my note to monochrome up here.
We might be able to get this foot after all!
Stay tuned!

JP
02-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #70
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 165
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Help needed !

I am in a weird situation here:

Pentax Canada does not have it and must order it from Japan ,,, 4 to 6 weeks!

Trying to get a USA number, but the available 1-800 telephone number listed is for US only! Cannot call from here.

Trying "Rakuten" (Japan) .... I am getting only the Japanese page ... nothing in English !
Edit: Got the page in English .... no idea where to look for this foot!

Where in this world can I get this foot ?

JP
Use Google Chrome to link to Rakuten. I uses the link posted earlier in this thread.

It will automatically translate enough to allow you to order.

It took about 10 days for the order to process and then I received by email a confirmation of shipping. I had it 5 days later. I was concerned until I received the order but it proceeded with no issues.
02-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #71
Site Supporter
bigted's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere on the Banks of the Red River
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,165
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I appreciate this a lot!
If we could figure something out, it would be fantastic.
I realize that everyone is at work, so no rush .... Looking forward to make this happen.
JP


See my note to monochrome up here.
We might be able to get this foot after all!
Stay tuned!

JP
I'm in Winnipeg and I've been watching this thread as I just picked up a Q. This afternoon I ordered the adapter Q to K adapter. I'll too am interested in what you find out.
02-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #72
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,976
About shipping to Canada:

Hang in there folks, I will find out Monday if they will ship or not to Canada.

Stay tuned.

JP
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #73
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,976
QuoteOriginally posted by GXRUser Quote
Use Google Chrome to link to Rakuten. I uses the link posted earlier in this thread.

It will automatically translate enough to allow you to order.

It took about 10 days for the order to process and then I received by email a confirmation of shipping. I had it 5 days later. I was concerned until I received the order but it proceeded with no issues.
Thanks for the info.
I am presently trying to sort out the US Pentax store ... I will have news next week.
If that doesn't work, this will be the laternative !

JP
02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #74
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,976
IMPORTANT to Canadian "customers" ... Bad news!


Folks, I have called the parts department (finally) a few moments ago and, as one would expect, the department confirmed that they will not ship to Canada.
I was told to get the tripod foot assy. from Pentax Canada: they don't have it, period; it needs direct ordering from Japan!

She said that she could ship to a US-address and that she needed a US credit card number also. !
("ask a relative in the US to order it and send it to you" she says.) Right .... I just don't have relatives in the US anymore; my only relative who once lived in San Francisco died years ago!

So, that's it for now.

I will call Pentax Canada again and try the "long" route of 4 to 6 weeks wait because they (Pentax Canada) have to order direct from Japan!! Why don't they just order from the USA instead?? Baffling.
I will also inquire how much this small part would cost me .... we never know: I might be told that the part will end up costing over $100.00, and that wouldn't surprise me either.

Stay tuned for more "news".

JP

EDIT: I have just placed an order with Pentax Canada and that is coming from Japan: 4-6 weeks; $46.00 + shipping/tax.

Last edited by jpzk; 02-26-2013 at 01:44 PM.
02-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #75
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,471
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Why don't they just order from the USA instead?? Baffling.
Pentax Canada is literally a separate company - a distinct legal entitty - from Pentax Americas. They are both distributors of Pentax product but take their own business risks and make (largely) their own decisions, especially as to marketing strategy and personnel issues. They probably also have territory agreements. I have long thought that MAP pricing was installed more to keep USA from price-poaching business from Canada and Europe than for any global brand image. All the other distributors probably went to HQ and said, "OKAY, already. Enough is enough."

Canada really can't just "order from Pentax USA" and USA actually can't accept the order from nor ship to a Canada address.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, camera, couple, foot, mirrorless, news about pentax, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to find tripod foot mount for DA* 60-250? wjax Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 11-14-2012 10:33 AM
K to Q adapter news! snostorm Pentax Q 24 07-23-2012 05:58 AM
What happened to the Pentax Mirrorless APS-C? Any news about it? rustynail925 Photographic Industry and Professionals 10 01-19-2012 05:51 AM
Positive news about Pentax AF over Canon.... offertonhatter Pentax DSLR Discussion 31 10-08-2008 07:49 AM
A fairy tale and some reflections about some Pentax fans cateto Pentax News and Rumors 30 09-14-2008 07:13 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top