Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
She said that she could ship to a US-address and that she needed a US credit card number also. !
("ask a relative in the US to order it and send it to you" she says.) Right .... I just don't have relatives in the US anymore; my only relative who once lived in San Francisco died years ago!
A common problem over here in Oz, most people use a company like http://www.shipito.com/ who will buy the item for you using a U.S. credit card then ship it to you via your chosen method.

I have not used this service myself but can't remember seeing any negative reports.

02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pentax Canada is literally a separate company - a distinct legal entitty - from Pentax Americas. They are both distributors of Pentax product but take their own business risks and make (largely) their own decisions, especially as to marketing strategy and personnel issues. They probably also have territory agreements. I have long thought that MAP pricing was installed more to keep USA from price-poaching business from Canada and Europe than for any global brand image. All the other distributors probably went to HQ and said, "OKAY, already. Enough is enough."

Canada really can't just "order from Pentax USA" and USA actually can't accept the order from nor ship to a Canada address.
Yeah, I can see why they are doing it that way but it still is a major PITA.

I have placed the order from Pentax Canada via Japan ... better than nothing.

JP
02-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
JP

Can you please post the phone number for Pentax Canada Parts Dept. (and the name of the person you spoke to, the part # and anything else that might be useful to those of us in the same situation)?

Thanks!

Last edited by Hornet; 02-26-2013 at 06:28 PM.
02-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #79

Today my tripod foot arrived from japan (delivered to germany). It was shipped on Feb, 22nd and arrived today (Feb, 27th) including customs clearance. 5 days from japan is lightning fast. Thumbs up!

03-01-2013, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those in Canada:

I called Pentax service today and asked about ordering the tripod foot. The woman I spoke with said they had just sold the last one in stock and was curious about why they have had such a run on this part. So I explained that it works with the KQ adapter and that they may want to order several more. She told me to order the part I should send an email to service@prca.penatx.ca requesting the part (apparently they need it in writing) and include my address and phone number as well. They are to respond with the quote and we go from there.

Hope this helps the fellow Canucks searching for this part.
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hornet Quote
why they have had such a run on this part
Because PentaxForums has a global following
03-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #82

Photos: Albums
Thanks for doing this Hornet. Did she give you a price on the foot?

For those in Canada:

I called Pentax service today and asked about ordering the tripod foot. The woman I spoke with said they had just sold the last one in stock and was curious about why they have had such a run on this part. So I explained that it works with the KQ adapter and that they may want to order several more. She told me to order the part I should send an email to service@prca.penatx.ca requesting the part (apparently they need it in writing) and include my address and phone number as well. They are to respond with the quote and we go from there.

Last edited by NotSteve; 03-02-2013 at 05:57 PM.
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

not yet - still waiting for their reply. I will post when I hear back.

03-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kdre Quote
Today my tripod foot arrived from japan (delivered to germany). It was shipped on Feb, 22nd and arrived today (Feb, 27th) including customs clearance. 5 days from japan is lightning fast. Thumbs up!
Good for you!! Did you order directly from Japan, or did you go through Pentax Germany or a retailer?

I just got my adapter only last Saturday, after ordering it with my preferred B&M store in November. It took the Belgian distributor two months and a half to get one for me! It's the only one sold in Belgium apparently. I'm not even sure any Q was sold in Belgium at all (mine coming from SRS Microsystems in the UK).

Anyway, I'm trying to get the tripod foot through the same channel, but have little hope... So any other European solution would be nice...

Tx in advance for any pointers! Wim

BTW: I love the adapter. I only tested it with my FA50/2.8 macro, but it works great with that lens (stopped down to position 3).
03-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Good for you!! Did you order directly from Japan, or did you go through Pentax Germany or a retailer?

I just got my adapter only last Saturday, after ordering it with my preferred B&M store in November. It took the Belgian distributor two months and a half to get one for me! It's the only one sold in Belgium apparently. I'm not even sure any Q was sold in Belgium at all (mine coming from SRS Microsystems in the UK).

Anyway, I'm trying to get the tripod foot through the same channel, but have little hope... So any other European solution would be nice...

Tx in advance for any pointers! Wim

BTW: I love the adapter. I only tested it with my FA50/2.8 macro, but it works great with that lens (stopped down to position 3).
Make sure to post a review in the reference thread when you are done with your testing.
03-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I ordered directly from Japan using the Link that was posted here in this thread ( This one: Rakuten: "Is going to send out" PENTAX tripod seat (tripod seat for adapter Q for K mount lenses); [S02P03mar13]- Shopping Japanese products from Japan ).

Best wishes,
Klaus
03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting the link to the Japanese site Klaus. I still haven't heard back from Pentax Canada about ordering the tripod foot so I decided to go the same route as you.

I love Pentax products but their customer service and business sense perplex me - it's a miracle they are still around at all. Luckily there are retailers who are willing to sell their products for them.
03-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JP

Can you please post the phone number for Pentax Canada Parts Dept. (and the name of the person you spoke to, the part # and anything else that might be useful to those of us in the same situation)?

Thanks!
Send me a PM.

JP
03-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those in Canada:

That last tripod "assy" was mine. I have placed the order but there is a glitch.
I just received an apologizing email saying that the "available" part was actually "out of stock" and that it still needed to be ordered via Japan.
Total time: 2 to 3 weeks.
I hope they are going to order a bunch for Canadian customers.

QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
Thanks for doing this Hornet. Did she give you a price on the foot?
$46.00 CDN plus shipping (estimated at about $10..) and taxes.

JP
03-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kdre Quote
I ordered directly from Japan using the Link that was posted here in this thread ( This one: Rakuten: "Is going to send out" PENTAX tripod seat (tripod seat for adapter Q for K mount lenses); [S02P03mar13]- Shopping Japanese products from Japan ).

Best wishes,
Klaus
Tx Klaus!! That's an great alternative. I'll first wait for feedback from the Belgian distributor, but I suspect I'll end up going that route as well.

Wim