Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #376
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
cropped the 500mm to be aprrox equiv to q.... not an exact science because both shots are hand held and the q is manual focus...the other thing i just noticed is the bokeh from the da300 still comes through on the q and in my opinion is nicer than the sigma

q

IMGP9394
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP9394 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

sigma cropped

IMGB0194
(2)
by pearsaab, on
Flickr
IMGB0194 (2) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

q

IMGP9386
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP9386 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

sigma cropped

IMGB0163
(2)
by pearsaab, on
Flickr
IMGB0163 (2) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

03-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #377
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow Amy these are awesome, and hand held?

How did you get the critters to sit still for the exact pose on both cameras?

The Sigma 500 shots stand up to cropping quite well, what a great lens that Sigma.

It's good to see the DA*300 on the Q does such a great job at 1/3 the cost.

Looks like you've got the technique down. And hand held?!
03-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #378
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Amy, Larry said everything I was thinking, I do believe the K5 shots are a little better but only after looking at both sets shots several times, I am impressed with your hand holding skills

Hans
03-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #379
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I also find the K-5 ones to be slightly better but once you consider the difference in price between the setups it's really impressive!

03-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #380
Loyal Site Supporter

Great comparison, Amy. Naturally I want to see more. Do you have any thoughts on how the Sigma 500/4.5 performs on the Q? Or on the Sigma TCs on the K-5?
03-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #381
Site Supporter

Fess up Amy, you're a taxidermist on the side, right?
Or you put something in the water to sedate the critters!

Nice shots, and comparisons,
Thanks for posting!
03-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #382
Veteran Member

Amy - I agree with all the comments - I love to see comparisons like this.

Also want to add that you are the Queen of manual focusing!
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #383
Veteran Member

It'd be great if we could see actual images, instead of the resized and quality-murdered photos on flickr

Charles.

03-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #384
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
It'd be great if we could see actual images, instead of the resized and quality-murdered photos on flickr

Charles.
the set of pictures i first posted are on flickr of the squirrel was not cropped , the bluebird was slightly cropped so if you would like to see that i will add it ...is there a better place to post it?
03-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #385
Loyal Site Supporter

thanks all...guys the bluebird is probably the laziest bird i've seen...i had both cameras in my lap and just picked them up and clicked away...another bird would not have been as easy...i still struggle with the manual focus...it doesn't come easy and i probably threw away alot of crappy ones ..i did a comparison today after talking with stan...he gave me soime thoughts to consider..these don't involve the q but they do compare the sigma 500 to the sigma 50-500 at 500 and the da300 with the 1.7x adapter (510equiv)...i will post the link under another section so i don't cloud up the q stuff
03-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #386

Manual leses on a Q

hello,, nice shoots i need to ask a question and i hope Q user can help me out here Im new into photografi and i have a Q i using manual lenses and they take really nice pictures , y was trying a remote external flash everything seem to work fine with the 2 lens on the Q but once i swap the lens and i put the manual lens with the adapter my remote flash dont work ............any advise please
03-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #387

nice pictures very sharp here some i have taken with my Q and manual lenses
Attached Images

03-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #388
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
is there a better place to post it?
Flickr is perfectly willing to give out your full size images if you tell them to. Go to your privacy settings (here) and select that anyone can see the original image files.

You should probably also increase the display size to "best". (I tend to assume people who have these set to something small have a reason, but since you ask, maybe you don't.)

I thought there was a way to do this per photo as well, but I can't find it. You could always give out the URL of the full size image (not the full size page, which flickr won't show to others with your current settings) for individual images.
03-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #389
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
Flickr is perfectly willing to give out your full size images if you tell them to. Go to your privacy settings (here) and select that anyone can see the original image files.

You should probably also increase the display size to "best". (I tend to assume people who have these set to something small have a reason, but since you ask, maybe you don't.)

I thought there was a way to do this per photo as well, but I can't find it. You could always give out the URL of the full size image (not the full size page, which flickr won't show to others with your current settings) for individual images.
i changed it to best display so hope that helps..thanks!!!
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #390
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by largaespada69 Quote
hello,, nice shoots i need to ask a question and i hope Q user can help me out here Im new into photografi and i have a Q i using manual lenses and they take really nice pictures , y was trying a remote external flash everything seem to work fine with the 2 lens on the Q but once i swap the lens and i put the manual lens with the adapter my remote flash dont work ............any advise please
Start with this thread and do a search for the word 'flash' in the Q forums, set it to titles only and you will see what is available.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/206927-external-flash-adapted-lenses.html