Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 232 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #421
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
One thing I have been wondering about, is whether we should petition Adam to make a separate LENS on Q photo archive..
That is what this thread is supposed to be.

There thread is the reference thread - not a discussion thread. If you look at the instructions in the first post of this thread it explains how one should post their example pics here - then the software pics up the lens used from the title of each thread, and puts it into the index seen on that first post.

There is another thread that is for all other discussion about using adapted lenses - perhaps that one should be renamed from "the reach" of adapted lenses to "discussion of" adapted lenses.....

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/173602-reach-q-images.html

04-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #422
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
If you look at the instructions in the first post of this thread it explains how one should post their example pics here - then the software pics up the lens used from the title of each thread, and puts it into the index seen on that first post.
Larry (crewl1) started this thread and keeps it up to date with a little help from myself, The chart update is not automatic it must be updated manually so Please include the lens info in the title of the thread. if your results are different than those previously posted for a particular lens feel free to post your results still putting the lens info in the title as some copies of a lens may be better than others and we will include both. Also list a lens that performs poorly so people know the value of that lens on the Q. The Q is very demanding on lenses and some that look great on a DSLR may not perform as well on the Q, that's why Larry started this thread.

I will start to contribute shots to this thread. One thing I have been wondering about, is whether we should petition Adam to make a separate LENS on Q photo archive.

It is a shame not to be able to link all the shots taken.

As another question for those watching this thread, I have, at present, 55 lenses. What would people like to see first? Since my K300/4 is already here, I think my tamron 200-500/5.6 and vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 version 1 and tak preset 200/3.5 will be first. But after that? I will put together a complete listing if people want to see something specific.
You may want to post the lens list in the reach thread as you might get more feedback and you seem to have some long lenses. When you test a lens post it here and include info on PP, what adapter was used and if the adapter was altered (inside painted flat black) if a tripod was used what aperture worked best and some sample images

Hans

Last edited by hnikesch; 04-03-2013 at 06:38 AM.
04-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #423
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
What Hans said.

Thanks for all your help Hans
04-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #424
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Larry (crewl1) started this thread and keeps it up to date with a little help from myself, The chart update is not automatic it must be updated manually so Please include the lens info in the title of the thread. if your results are different than those previously posted for a particular lens feel free to post your results still putting the lens info in the title as some copies of a lens may be better than others and we will include both. Also list a lens that performs poorly so people know the value of that lens on the Q. The Q is very demanding on lenses and some that look great on a DSLR may not perform as well on the Q, that's why Larry started this thread.

You may want to post the lens list in the reach thread as you might get more feedback and you seem to have some long lenses. When you test a lens post it here and include info on PP, what adapter was used and if the adapter was altered (inside painted flat black) if a tripod was used what aperture worked best and some sample images

Hans
thanks for the response.

in thinking about this a little, what I may actually do is to post the images in the lens sample archive, and then copy the image to here also, since that makes sure it is found. What is nice about the sample archive is that there is a thread for each lens, so when you click on a lens in the index you can see many many shots from that lens, by different people, with different cameras.

For sure i already note that some of my lenses are in your list of sample images, and to be honest it is part of my decision to get a Q in the first place. But as I do have some really long lenses, the results will be interesting to try on the Q.

04-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #425

Sigma 70-300 mm F4,0-5,6 DG APO Macro

Here are some different shots from the Sigma 70-300mm APO-Version. The adapter I used was a generic adapter without an aperture ring, which is no problem with the Sigma, since it has one on it's own.

I stopped down to f/8 and sometimes even to f/11. The results do suffer slightly from diffraction but the overall gain in sharpness from stopping the lens down is still bigger than having the aperture set at a wider setting like f/5.6.
Attached Images

04-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #426
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When the purolator courier arrives in the next 2-6 days, I will start to contribute shots to this thread. One thing I have been wondering about, is whether we should petition Adam to make a separate LENS on Q photo archive.

It is a shame not to be able to link all the shots taken.

As another question for those watching this thread, I have, at present, 55 lenses. What would people like to see first? Since my K300/4 is already here, I think my tamron 200-500/5.6 and vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 version 1 and tak preset 200/3.5 will be first. But after that? I will put together a complete listing if people want to see something specific.
use the big guys
04-04-2013, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #427
Veteran Member

Q with 110 50mm

Just got an adapter for 110 lenses..these are with a 50mm 2.8 110 lens,handheld..really fun and looks so cool on the Q..

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
04-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #428
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
use the big guys
You mean I should start with my celestron C90 1000F11 first, and work down in focal length?
04-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #429
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You mean I should start with my celestron C90 1000F11 first, and work down in focal length?
maybe a lens we could get we ever won the lottery
04-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #430

Pentax K 50 1.2

HiI am still learning the Q, still original firmware (not stabilized) ETC.That said, I think the K 50 1.2 is a great lens for the Q.A decent portrait lens (if a bit long for some situations), wonderful bokeh (I think)and the added bonus you can leave a 52mm reversing ring on and it acts as a bit of a hood plus you can flip it for a serious macro lens.The Q with the k 50 1.2 and reversing ring on front next to 02 kit zoom.Pentax Q with K 50 1.2 next to Q 02 kit zoom | Flickr - photo Sharing! 02 kit zoom, shot with the K 50 1.2 IMGP6127 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Macro shot of the 02 kit zoom with the K 50 1.2 lens flipped on the Q stopped down a bit.IMGP6093 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! used just cheap ones from ebay (no tripod mount).

Last edited by nobodyatall; 04-06-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: fix flickr link
04-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #431
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nobodyatall Quote
HiI am still learning the Q,
Hi and welcome to our playground.

Hans
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #432
Veteran Member

Q + DFA 50mm
result is satisfying to me.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/129563-macro-lens-club-106.html#post2343283
04-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #433
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

ok i am proud of my osprey and the q with 500mm...check them out under nature posts
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #434

Canon FD 85mm 1.2 L

This has to be the best lens I have used, film or digital, any format.It is a better lens than I am a photographer. (not that that is hard to do).On a Q, this lens gives the FOV of aprox 480mm. Dof is still very shallow but shutter speeds at f1.2 to f2 mean lower isos can be used.While it does have a fov of 480, its minimum focus distance is still only about 1 meter...3 ft. It is a great lens on the Q, I think especially at shorter distances.It was designed as a portrait lens (one of the best) and it is still good for that on a Q if you have the room (not THAT much room is needed though)...also good for flowers and also concerts I think and wild life that is not moving too quickly, birds perched ETC. and maybe video on a tripod. I think a very good value lens IF you are also going to use it on other formats.I use it with a cheap Ebay FD adapter. I should get a lens hood for it (as well as a LCD screen shade/viewer.Duck pic (as taken ooc). Fd 85L on Pentax Q | Flickr - Photo Sharing! 85L on Pentax Q | Flickr - Photo Sharing! life size statue head shot (as taken ooc).IMGP6158 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (as taken ooc).IMGP6164 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Shannon Noll (Australian rockstar portrait) also in the portrait lens thread...from back in the crowd at a outdoor show at night (as taken resized only).Shannon Noll at Wagga Harness racing | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Q with the lens mounted.q with 85 1.2L FD | Flickr - Photo Sharing! you can try one, DO IT.Neil

Last edited by nobodyatall; 04-08-2013 at 06:36 PM.
04-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #435
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nobodyatall Quote
This has to be the best lens I have used
Nice looking lens I have added it to the chart, should be fun on the Q being f1.2

Hans